Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Waiting...

2 weeks went by since we dropped off all the documents that Adoption Services wanted from us and it seems nothing is moving. Genevieve called me last week to let me know that she had received the documents and now she is waiting for our references to mail her back the questionnaires. I guess the hard part about this waiting period is that I cannot make this go faster. It’s not in my control.

Other than that, Victor is progressing on the baby room/my walking closet. It’s not moving as fast as I would like, once again. Reason being, Victor is always working. He basically has Sunday to work on this project. My concern is that once we get the appointment for the homestudy, we’ll have to put a rush on the job!!!

I have the ticker on my facebook and I looked at it this morning. It says: 2 months, 1 week, 1 day since we started the adoption process/planning. It seems like a life time ago. Sitting down right now on the sofa with my laptop, sitting between my 2 lovely boxers, Sam & Zoé I just realized that I have to enjoy every moment of the planning phase as much as when she will be home with us. Once she’s home, I’ll be able to look back and cherish all these moments. I might laugh and think that I was going insane and getting all stressed out for nothing. I guess it’s my nature to try and make everything perfect before it happens.

As I’m writing, I’m always referencing our baby girl as, She, Her, our daughter, our baby girl… Since I’m waiting for others to finish their part, it might be a good time for me to start thinking of a name for our girl. I might have a few names for next blog…

No comments: