Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mommy Group - get together

Sept 24 - My first Mommy Group get together.

For the first time, I was not scared to meet new people. I felt that I was already part of the group. I was soo excitted that day thinking that I was about the meet other woman that were going through the same emotions and stories as me. The night went by soo quickly. Everyone there re-assured me that our homestudy was going to be fine and I should not stress. I know they are right but I just have to get it over it to be able to relax. Some of them already had their child and some of them were in the early stage like me and others were waiting for their referral. It was amazing to see how much of our stories can relate.


Days are passing, i've been listeneing to my vm's at home almost every hour to make sure she hasn't left us a message. Finally Friday came and still no call. I luckily had her email because a collegue of mine from work knows her and had given me her email to get in touch with her at the begining when I wasn't sure if the SW was assigning us someone or we had to do our own work. I send her an email stating that our SW had advised us that she had accepted our dossier and she was suppose to contact us for an appointment. The reason why I was writting to her was because I was planning a trip to Ottawa for work and I wanted to make sure that my trip was not going to interfer with our homestudy dates. Not even a half hour passed and I get a call at work from her that she wanted to schedule our first meeting. That day was going to be Sept 30, 2008 at 6pm. Oh my god, this is the one thing that I had been waiting anxiously for. I know I have to get it over with and the sooner the better. Let me tell you, I was not making any life that weekend. I cleaned every part of our house even after our cleaning lady was here on the Firday. I even cleaned all the light bulbs in the house. I know I went over board but if I hadn't done that, It would of not been normal for me.

No comments: