Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finally! Some adoption news from GLA!

This is what Dixie posted on her blog “I have set at my desk from 7:30 AM until 8 PM trying to get 11 proposals out to waiting adoptive parents, writing letters that I needed to do before I left, and trying to answer a few emails too!”


This is it! Proposals are starting again after the earthquake. I am so happy. 2 weeks ago, I got an email from a girl I got to know through adoption blogs. She is from Alberta and she received a proposal for twin boys. I was so happy to hear that. I knew that Dixie should be just around the corner to announce that she was going to do the same. 8 months has passed since the earthquake and things are starting to move again.

So what those this means for us “11 proposals are being sent out” Well they have about 20 some dossiers at GLA and 11 are being sent out so we might be in the first 11 and if not, there are only 10-15 more to go. I am confident that things are going to start happening for us. Continue to Pray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Sylvie!!! You guys deserve some positive news- from reading your blog I am amazed at how determined you have been despite the setbacks you have encountered. I hope you hear something soon! We are in the midst of a Rwandan adoption but might be interested in adopting from Haiti in the future, so I will read your blog with great interest-thank you:)

Unknown said...

Great news. I remember when we were in the Ghana program together. That seems like a lifetime ago. We do not have a referal from Ethiopia yet but are hoping it will be soon. Praying that you'll receive good news soon.

Isabelle Boudreau said...

YAY YAY YAY! Could be soon Sylvie!! Can't wait to hear your good news!!

Sylvie and Victor said...

I'm praying for you as well Elsie. We went throught difficult times, but are turns are just around the corner.