Sunday, July 25, 2010

SPROUTING!

Last Thursday evening, I went at my cousin’s house and her mom, taught us how to sprout our own vegetables. My aunt has been sprouting for a while now and she just loves it. She orders the organic seeds in bulk online, so I was able to buy the seeds from her. When I left that evening, I was so excited. I am really looking forward to eat my own sprouting in my salads. To start off, I am going to try, red cabbage, lentils, broccoli, garlic, green peas, alfalfa and clover. When I got home, I was so looking forward to start that I woke Victor and explain to him what I was going to do my sprouting and gave him a lesson on the benefits of eating sprouted vegetables. I almost didn’t sleep that night. I wanted to start my sprouting right away. I woke at 5am the next morning to start the soaking on the ones that needed to soak for 12 hrs.

Today I can say that I finished my first batched of sprouts. I was able to add the lentils and green peas in my salad. It was delicious! The rest of them are still in progress.


1 comment:

Joy said...

Hmm, looks very interesting...and tasting...will have to look into this more!