Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Juicing

A week ago, I started juicing. I love it! I honestly thought it would be disgusting to the task but I add some oranges, apples to give it a sweet taste and it's Yummy! I am surprised that even Victor likes them. We've been drinking a glass every morning. I hope I can keep my motivation and do them every morning. It requires some preparation; however, I wash, clean and cut my veggies and fruits and store them in containers in the fridge so they are ready to be used. The down fall off all this is washing the juicer after. It makes a mess, but it's worth it because I am convinced that we are boosting our immune system and we won't get sick this winter. So far, Victor has been following Dr. Gleixner's recommendation (Naturopath) and he has not felt under the weather this winter yet. Victor's immune system is normally low this time of the year. This year; he got no sign of runny nose, or flu type symptoms. I've been boosting him up with probiotics and vitamins and now he is getting his veggies each morning. I will prove (to myself) that natural (whole food) and medicine is better than processed food and traditional medicine.

I don't really have a recipe but this is what I normally juice in the morning.

Celery

Carrots

Cucumber

Beet

Kale

Swiss Chard

Apples

Oranges

No comments: