Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008


Well it was all going as planed... Imagine received our dossier in the mail Monday before Christmas, Dec 22, 2008. Their office closes for the holdiays on Dec 23 till Jan 5th, 2009. I know that are dossier was witht them, however it would only be processed the week of Jan 5th. Yesterday Dec 23, to my surprise, Elaine from Imagine emails me at work to give me a heads up that we would need our wedding certificate translated in english. She said she rather let me know now than wait till the week of Jan 5th and we would have to wait longer for the process. I almost lost it. This is not a big deal or bad news... its just another paper to be processed and sent to them. I took the phone book and started calling translators in Moncton area and no one could do it from french to english. I decided to let it go and that a micacle could happend on Christmas Eve!!!!! Came home that evening, called my Monique to come over. I prepared a few seafood lasagnias and a cake. We talked all night with Renée and laught all night long. I had seemed to forget about my little stress.

I woke up on Christmas Eve and went to work. That at 8 am, I went upstairs to see Martine Cantin, one of ACOA's translators. I asked her if she could help me find someone in Moncton that could translate our wedding certificate. She went on CTINB site (Corporation of Translators, Terminologiests, and Interpreters of NB) and gave me a few print-outs of certified translators. I picked up the phone and called the first one, no answer. Called second contact and she answered. I explained to her what we needed and she just asked me how soon do you need it. I asked if I could possibly have it by by the next working day, Dec 29. I took my car and drove to her place to bring her our document. While driving, it started snowing. I guess you could call this the magic of Christams. I didn't want any delays on our part for the adoption process and now that we have found a certified translator, I should be able to have it courrier to Imagine for the week of January 5th and have everything still on schedual.

No comments: