Monday, December 1, 2008

Home Study Approved - Dec 1, 2008

After 5 months and 1 day, the day has finaly arrived that I don't have to feel that I am being judge... I havent been myself for the pass several months since I know that I had to go through the home study. The day started pretty weird today. I wanted to call Genevieve so bad today to see if they had started reading our home study. I looked at the calendar and see that Dec 10th, 2008 it would have been one month since Cindy completed our home study. She had advised us to wait at leat 1 month before calling Genevieve for an update. I decided to just keep on working and I would call next week. When I arrived at the gym, I bumped into Cindy. Coincidence but we just did small talk and not talked about my adoption process. After a long day at work, I came home and Victor and Renée were already home. for some reason I did not bother to check the messages on the phone. I watch a Christmas movie with Renée and Amanda tonight and still had the whole adoption process in my mind during the movie. I just cannot stop thinking about it. When I was getting ready for bed, like every nigh, I called my parents. I seen after that I had 1 voice mail. I though it might of been Renée trying to call while I was on the phone because she had just left for Shediac. While I was listening to the message, to my surprise it was from 10:30 am this morning... Message from Genevieve calling us to say our home study had been approved for Ghana. I am jumping for joy!!! I had been waiting for this so bad. Now I can go on and not feel that somthing can stop me. I am confident that the rest of the journey will be less stressful.

Good night.

No comments: