Monday, December 8, 2008

Dossier is completed - Dec 8, 2008


Dec 4, 2008 - I met with Genevieve to go over our dossier and see what was missing. We neeeded to get 6 passport pictures, write a letter to the Dept. of Social Welfare in Ghana on why we chose this country and have our homestudy and few other documents notarize. That afternoon, I called lawyer that had noatrized our othe documents few months ago and come to find out she went to work in NS. I imediatly called Michel Leger our regular lawyer to see if he could sign the documents. Friday morning I was in his office with all the documents he had to notarize. He said he would have them ready by the end of the day. End of the day came by and papers were not ready. He said he would bring them home over the weekend to review and would give us a call Monday. At that point, I had already made an appointment wiht Genevieve for Monday, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:30pm.

Dec 7, 2008 - Over the weekend, Victor and I went at Costco to get our passport pictures taken for our visa and dossier.

Dec 8, 2008 - Monday morning, still waiting for Michel Leger to call for me to pick up the documents. Got Victor to go check and his assistant said he was in Moncton and had to wait till he was back. In the mean time, I went to Caisse Populaire in Moncton to have both certified cheques ready. $5,500 US funds and $4725 Canadian funds. I then picked up a priority envelop at post office, $25. At 2 pm, Victor called that he was on his way to my work to bring me the documents from Michel's office. I was kinda anxcious that they would not be ready but they were at the end. At 3:15 I walked over the other side of the parking lot to meet Genevieve. I gave her all the documents, cheques and pictures. All done. she said that now we just wait. At the same time she suggested that we start the Immigration process. There is 2 ways to fill four immigration now so I will read up on it and call Imagine Adoption to see what they think.

Tonight, Nicole and Amanda came to help out Renee and I to decorate the XMAS tree. Nicole did a fantastic job. The tree is perfect. I was kinda thinking that maybe next year at this time, we'll be able to celebrate with a new member of the family.

No comments: