Thursday, March 26, 2009

No good news.

March 26, 2009, it is now, 1 month, 1 week, 3 days have passed since our dossier is in Ghana. I can say this is the first week that I am back to my old routine. I only call my voice mail at home once a day… ok I’m lying, twice a day but at least in between those time, I can actually concentrate on my work. Every night before I go to bed, I try to think of things I will have to adjust to when we bring Kyanna home. The only major thing right now I can see is waking up early enough in the morning. Right now I only give myself 20 mins to get ready for work. That is just not enough time. Two days ago, I woke up to the discovery that my sweet George had a midnight snack. The snack was my DG Glasses $$$. I guess our daughter will have to learn at a young age that she will have to pick up her toys because they won’t last very long. I hope George is almost done her puppy years and she can mature like Sam.

My mom called me tonight to let me know that they are now giving morphine to my grandpa. They will stay with him 24hrs because it’s the end. I find life so cruel. I am not over the lost of my dad and now I have to lose someone else right away.

I sure hope things will start to get on the positive side.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I just found your blog this week, and I feel for you as you balance the excitement of adoption with the major losses in your life this year.

Jess said...

The adoption in itself it a lot to handle - the loss of loved ones would be very difficult. Thinking of you and your family that through it all you will find comfort.
I hope too that you will get a referral on the 8 week time line!
Jessica