Thursday, March 19, 2009

Turns out that I have no life… other than thinking about our adoption journey.

Everything I do or everywhere I go, I visualize myself holding my little Kyanna in my arms. We are at the beach, on vacation somewhere down south or even jsut at the store. She is in my thoughts all the time. I want this to happen so bad now it’s like a dream.

Having great friends is the best! I got an email today from a dear friend who told me something so special. She told me that as hard as it was to lose my dad, actually 1 month today, that good had to come out of it. She told me that she remembered me telling her that My dad wanted to meet his grand-daughter so bad and now he would not be able to see her. She made me cry and up my day and told me that he was now going to be able to go look for his granddaughter. He was going to pick her out for us! He is now going to be part of our lives forever and take care of us xoxo.

My caseworker emailed me to let me know that she received our Ghana medical forms we had to have fill out by our doctors. So all is done. Still at the same stage, waiting for our referral. I actually emailed our SW today to ask her to call my work or cell number when the time comes for our referral. She indicated that it will be the new agency from Saint-John that will be contacting us since they took over the international adoption. She said she will update our file to make sure they call us at work. I think that I will start a new ticker for the referral wait time. Something to do 

1 comment:

Jess said...

I too have no life! :) Even though I have seen my girls faces it still feels like a dream but the dream keeps getting better!