Thursday, September 17, 2009

A few updates on our adoption

A few updates on our adoption process this week. I met with Cindy to review our home study update and everything was ok. I mailed it express to Gentle Path in S.J. for Judy to sign it off. Doing what I said I would start doing… trying to get my mind off the adoption and to my surprise, I answerd the phone yesterday at work and it was Judy. She said our homestudy had been approved and she was sending the package back to us including our medicals, criminal checks to have notarize by our lawyer. I asked her once we have everything signed by our laywer what we had to do. She said we have to get the whole package weight at the post office and have the courrier envelop ready for Haiti. We will be sending the package to Elaine in Frederiction and she is responsible to send it to Haiti. I asked her at what point our dossier was being approved in Ottawa and she said it was not going to Ottawa. Hummmm…. When we got our dossier ready for Ghana, Imagine had to get it approved in Ottawa before sending it to the Country. Anyways, I will try to find out what is going on.
In the mean time, my friend Melanie is translating our original homestudy and the updated version. We need to have everything in french before we have our lawyer notarize our documents. If I can get the translation ready for the end of next week, Sept 25th, I will be able to send our files to our lawyer the following week, Sept 28th and send the package to Elaine by Friday Oct 2nd. I hope this can all workout because I will be in Ottawa the week of Oct 5-9th. If Icant have it all done, well it will have to wait till I am back. It probably wont make a difference. I would just like to have the whole thing sent to Haiti and be able to relax.
Well I guess you will hear all about it in a few weeks to see if I was able to stick to my schedule… Stay Tuned!!!

Oh and almost forgot, we actually changed the age on our homestudy update to less than 3 years at time of match instead of 18 month. I Think I just don’t want to get in a situation that they cannot find a healty baby girl and we would have to get Cindy to come back to make a change on our homestudy. They orphanage knows that we want a baby girl young as possible so I am leaving it up to faith to bring us the child that is meant for our family. I know that she will be so special and I just cant wait to hold her in my arms.

Weird thoughts have been going through my head in the pass few weeks. When we were waiting for our referral from Ghana, I felt 100% ready to be a mommy. With everything that has happen this summer with Imagine and the switch and starting over the paper work, I am feeling sorth of nervous. I don’t know if its becaue I know that Haiti is really going to happen and I could potentially get the call or email anytime. That said, it will be the moment that I have been waiting for. At that moment, I will become a MOMMY! Now how excitting is that going to be. I think I’ve been feeling that way becaue I am following my friend Angele’s blog. She’s pregnant and is expecting around Christmas time. Everytime I read her updates, I feel such joy, knowing she is enjoying every moment of her pregnancy. She is making it sound so real for me  Can’t wait to meet that precisou little guy!!!

1 comment:

Madame Moiselle said...

Hey, sounds like things are moving right along. Our documents left for Ottawa yesterday. They should get to Haiti in month I hope.
Keep us posted on your progress!