Thursday, September 17, 2009

Other things happening in my life other that our adoption news

Tomorrow, Friday Sept 18th, 2009, we are having a guy name David Ng catering for us. A 5 course meal at my sister in laws place. We are 10 couples. I think we are going to have a good time. This guy does not only cook but he entertains at the same time. Victor and I had an evening with him this summer at a wedding and we had a blast. I’ve been looking forward for this eveing in a long time.

Next weekend, Victor and I are flying to Montreal for the weekend to see a couple that we met 5 years ago when we were in Miami before our Cruise. We stayed in touch ever since however we never seen each other again. They are having a party the Sat, Sept 25th and we are going to celebrate both their Birthdays with them. I cant wait to see them. I think It will be fun to get out of the routine. After I get back from our weekend get away, I will be leaving Oct 5th for Ottawa for work. I don’t know why but I asume that I am trying to make plans ahead of time so that I have things to look forward to and not think about the adoption so much. I’ve always been a planner so as long as I can have something to plan, search on google, I am good to go. One other thing that I am in the works of planing is a get away week down south before Christams with my dear husband. I’ve been trying to plan to go to Haiti to do volunary work but it doesn seem to be working out as fast as I want it to go. I will wait till I can speak to Chris when she’s in the States during Christmas and see if I can arrange something then. So plan, plan, plan… its keeping me busy.

I’m sitting in our bedroom writing my blog at 10:30pm because I had an extra coffee at work today and that’s what happens. I just cant sleep. I am watching old episodes of Friends. I don’t think I will ever stop watching them. I can still remember my week in the hospital with my dad. That’s all we watched. We knew what was going to happen but we still managed to laugh. We were both sitting in chairs and complaining that the TV was too high and our necks hurted becaue we were uncomfotable.

Before I started witing my blog tonight, I called my mom and her friend from Halifax answerd. She came down to visit my mom. She told me they were having a good time. She said they stayed up till 3 am last night to talk about their younger days and listening to old music. When my mom took the phone, she was laughing and I could tell she was having fun. I haven’t honeslty seen her so full of good energy in such a long time. It made me feel so good knowing she was having a good time. I think her friend’s visit is going to do her good.

Good night all!

1 comment:

A said...

It's great to hear that you're keeping busy and that good things are happening around you. I love reading your blogs.
Angele, xo