Monday, October 19, 2009

My monthly update

Another month has flown by and there was still no advancement in our adoption stuff. To make a long month short, I brought our paper work to our lawyer at the beginning last week of September to have everything notarized and I will be picking them up tomorrow. Assistant on vacation for 2 weeks, wait a week to call and then papers are ready but lawyer is on vacation. I’m telling ya, our whole adoption journey is running around everyone’s vacation schedule. I know everyone deserves vacation time but not when it’s affecting my life LOL! Just kidding. So tomorrow I will have our completed dossier in my hands. Still not the end because I still have to make 5 copies of everything. After that, I will be sending everything to our Fredericton office, the off to Ottawa to get a signature, back to Fredericton and then should officially be sent to HAITI!!!!

Really an odd feeling but I remember that feeling when we got the email that our dossier was leaving for Ghana. It was quite the excitement. Hopefully this time it will be more than just an email. We have to believe that everything happened for a reason and our little girl will eventually find her way in our home.
At the same time as my dossier is getting ready to leave for Haiti in a few weeks, I got an email today for Imagine- Ghana update. Ted (lawyer hired for Imagine Case) has completed his report on the Ghana program. He has passed along his report to the board members. Even if I am not going with Ghana anymore, I am still concerned for the families that are still fighting to bring their children home. I am praying real hard for things to work out.

No comments: