Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On a Mission

February 2, 2010 – DAY 2 of my MISSION

Got email back from a friend from, SK saying “Basically, now it is up to the provinces to let us proceed and then I believe our names will be added to their list of Canadians in process. I am not certain, but anyway, they said our provinces should be aware that we are allowed to proceed.

I couldn't find the press release anywhere, but I did find this article, which briefly mentions that the prime minister is allowing adoptions to proceed for any that were started before the earthquake.”

Now I am on a MISSION. I am going to make sure that OUR NAMES are on that list. Before I call my provincial rep. I will get my facts in order.
This morning, I called Minister Kenney’s office. It was suggested by the nice guy to call CIC call center and make sure we are in the system. Indeed I did, I called and I am currently on hold. She found our file and said she was going to find out what our status was...
5 minutes after, she was back on the line and said she found our CLIENT ID. YAHOOO! She asked me a few questions to put on file and said that we were in the system and our adoption would get completed. She said you just have to wait for a phone call now from Ottawa to advise when your child will arrive in Canada. I was about to scream but came back to my senses. I explained to her again that we did not have a match yet. She said we’ll try to contact your orphanage and see if you can send your dossier to them as soon as possible. I did not know how to proceed with this. Who was I going to contact, Jean, Dixie or Stephanie? What the hell, I am going to try them all 

Started off by sending an email to Stephanie, got her out of office. Sent another one to Dixie and sent her the same message on FB. I then decided to call Jean myself in Colorado and see what she has to say. We had a nice chat. Long story short, she said there were probably 20 applications in front of us that are already at the O without a referral. She said it would be awhile before IBSER and all that be up and running again to approve our dossier. I told her that I was aware that they can’t just put up the children for adoption that are going to be going to the orphanages because of lost parents etc. However I asked her what will happen to the children that the parent’s themselves are going to be signing off for adoption. She said let me talk to Dixie and see what she says if we would get your dossier shipped to our Colorado office and have (can’t remember the name) bring it down to the O when he goes down. She said she will get back to me.

Conclusion: Today was not too bad. I did accomplish lots today! Got our names at CIC and have a Client ID. I’m back in business.

No comments: