Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kyanne's Haitian Passport has been issued!

Hi Sylvie,


Great news, we have received Berline's passport!!

But once again, I need your patience and understanding….we have to get a Canadian medical done for Berline before we can apply for her Visa, so we have an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday afternoon. This is normally something that would get done earlier in the process, but both Dixie and I did not think of it until now, and we apologize for that! Unfortunately with Berline being the first Canadian adoption to reach this stage since before the earthquake, we are a little bit rusty on some things!!


After the doctor sees her on Tuesday, it should be approximately two weeks or so until we can apply for the Visa, and then the Visa should go fairly quickly. I would say that we are looking at approximately mid-November if everything goes smoothly.


Again, I thank you in advance for your understanding, and you are officially on the home stretch now!! If you have any questions, as always, feel free to let me know.


Melissa Friesen

*******************************************************
I know there is still a little ‘but’ in the email…, however they said last time it could take up to a month to get her new birth certificate legalized and within 1 week, it was legalized and the passport has been issued. I have great faith in GLA and I know that the medical will not take long and we will be there soon! I guess I have to start packing!!! This is for real. I really have to get all my ducks in a row!!!


At the same time that I feel such joy, I continue to feel angry. I don’t understand why the President Martelly has not signed dispensations for some families that have been waiting for several months. It doesn’t matter if the families have children at home or not. These orphans need to come home to their forever families as well. No child should wait in an orphanage while they have loving parents waiting for them. Thinking and praying for you everyday Kori!

7 comments:

A said...

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Kyanne will experience her first 'white Christmas' this year! YIPPPEEEEEE
I'm so happy for you Sylvie.

Angele

ourpartyof4 said...

Wow! I am so excited for you Sylvie!!! I got goose bumps when I read your post. You will have Kyanne here before you know it!

Adrienne said...

Such great news! I will have to finish getting Nathan's Christmas gift together and send it out to you and Liette soon!
Continuing to pray for Kori too :(
So happy for you that you will get to spend your first Christmas with Kyanne - I can just see your Christmas tree all full underneath with gifts!
Have a great weekend! ;)

Julie said...

You're so close now Sylvie!!! Praying that your visa will come through very quickly!

Julie S.

Shanny O said...

YAY GOD !!!!! Such great news!!

Kori said...

Sylvie (and Adrienne) - thanks for your prayers. It is a crazy place to be - so absolutely thrilled for you and feeling some of your excitement as if it were my own (as if Kyanne were coming home here), and at the same time, feeling a tremendous discouragement for the lengthy stall in our process and having these fears that something is going to happen to the Haitian adoption process and he will never be able to come home...

That to say - thank you for your prayers! And I cannot wait for Kyanne to be home with you!
Kori

Denise said...

That is great news! Hopefully it all goes well and you can travel well before Christmas. It would be great to have her settled in at home before the busy Christmas season. Time to get all your shopping done!!