Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kyann's Birth Certificate Extrait

Melissa emailed me with an update. It’s not the update I wanted to see but ...


Basically, our time frame is not getting any shorter. GLA received Kyanne’s birth certificate extrait, however now they have to get it legalized. The part I did not like was that she said it could take several weeks to a month. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a little delay in our process. I have complete faith and I know that it will not take long before she emails me back to say that all the paperwork is finally with immigration and her passport is being issued. I just know it!

This is the email she sent:

Good Morning Sylvie,


I have some good news, and some not so good news.....we have received the extrait of Berline's birth certificate, but we now have to get it legalized, which could take several weeks to a month.


At this point, all we can do is wait! I will be sure to let you know once this is all done.
Have a great day!


I emailed her back to see if the birth certificate extrait was a step that was missed or not done properly and she answered with this:


Hi Sylvie,


This is a paper that is required for older birth certificates, so we have not normally had one made for babies. Now that we know they are requiring this in Immigration, we are making sure we get it done for all children ahead of time. So, unfortunately, the files at the end stages now are having that extra delay.


I hope that makes sense! Thanks for your understanding, I appreciate it a lot! It won't be long until you have your little pumpkin at home with you!

So there you have it! Life is so unpredictable! We just have to be ready to deal with the curve balls one at a time. I guess I will continue to enjoy my walks on the beach after work with the dogs, practice hot yoga and surf the net until my little princess is home and takes all my ‘Me Time’!!!

You never know, this might all be happening so that Kyanne and Théo can come home together. There’s a reason why we have to wait. We just don’t know why at the moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this Sylvie. Praying that all will be done soon and that your little angel will be in your arms at last.
Lisa