Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Traveling Buddy!

Kyanne is an awesome traveling buddy. She was just amazing on our trip to Jamaica. I would bring her back in a heartbeat.

Flight was good. Yes she did walk up the isle a few times but she’s a toddler and that’s what they do! She did entertain some of the people on the plane.

The resort was great. We could not ask for nicer weather. It did not rain at all. Kyanne and her cousin Maika got sick the first few days we arrived.  They both had a fever for a few days and stayed pretty mellow. For the people that know me well will know that I would have not been able to stay in my room with a sick baby. I would have had to take good drugs to keep me away from the sun and beach. Good thing my sweet girl is a tough cookie. She slept in her stroller everyday relaxing in the shade. I made sure she was drinking water and had a bit to eat. I could tell that she was not feeling well but she did not complain. All she needed was the comfort of her mommy right beside her all the time. When she was asleep, daddy watched her while I relaxed floating in the ocean. We had a doctor with us who works in ER so I was not too worried being on the beach with a sick girl.  After a few days, she bounced back! I think her fever was a gift for mommy to be able to relax because for the rest of the trip, mommy was running all over the place.

It took her a few days to get used to the sand and ocean. She had to sit on me to play in the sand and gradually she made her way to sit by herself. She enjoyed the pool better. I think it’s because she had a few practice run with her friend Théo.  By the end of the week, she was putting her head in the water.

After dinner, we always made our way to the shows. Kyanne was ruling the dance floor. One time she actually fell asleep dancing. She did not want to stop. It was too funny.

All in all, it was the best vacation! I wish Nicole and Renée would have been there as well but there will be a next time. J

This vacation continued our bonding. I feel so much closer to her now. It’s weird to say but it seems that I know her even more and vice versa.

I posted some pictures on my FB. If some of you cannot view them, let me know.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151465703945147.831907.895080146&type=1&l=819ca3fbf7


Since we got back, my baby girl has been sleeping in till 9am. I am so happy! I changed our sleeping arrangements as well. I bring her in our bed again. That’s probably why she stays in bed longer. Daddy even leaves at 6:30 and she does not cry. She falls back asleep and cuddles with me. It’s an amazing feeling when I feel her against me.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm glad you had a good trip! Your comment that her being sick gave you some time to relax made me laugh as it is so true! I sometimes joke that I kind of enjoy those mild sicknesses where the kids feel sleepy and cuddly, but aren't REALLY sick because it is more restful for all involved... but then it is great when they are back to their old selves. I can't believe she fell asleep dancing!! That is too funny. Off to look at your fb pictures :)

ourpartyof4 said...

Sounds like an amazing trip for all of you and great bonding time!

Can't wait to see pics!

-Kate