Tuesday, June 29, 2010

5 Days today without Caffeine!

I haven’t been updating my blog lately. I’ve been too busy working outside. I am so happy to say that my arrangement that I hired a house cleaner is giving me the time to be outside. I’ve been pretty good a weeding my flowers. It’s not perfect but it better than previous years.


Today is going to be 5 days that I haven’t drank coffee! I am so proud of myself. This is something that I never thought I could do. When I went to Haiti that was one of my biggest concerns... what happens if I don’t have coffee. I had even brought instant coffee in my suitcase in case. When I don’t have my coffee first thing in the morning, I just did not function. I used to have a huge headache and would get cranky. About a month ago, my cousin told me she was going to California to learn how to prepare raw food. She said that she wanted to stop drinking coffee before she leaves because most of the people that would be taking that class would probably be %100 Vegan, Organic... no caffeine type of people. She didn’t want to clash so she challenged herself to not drink coffee for 3 weeks. I honestly thought she was crazy because she loves her coffee like I do. Anyhoo, she did the challenge and is still going at it on her 4th week. I went for lunch with her thinking she would look like hell because he had no caffeine in her body but she was looking good. I got thinking and decided to try it myself. I said I would try it for 1 week and if it came too bad, I would have a sip. So on Friday, June 25th, I left work with my coffee mug filled with coffee but did not drink it. I smelled the aroma of coffee in the car. I drank lots of water during the day to keep me going. I was so proud when I got home that I had worked all day without coffee. Then the weekend came along. I think for some weird reason, it took more will power. I took several naps during the day and did not go to bed late.

My goal is not to stop drinking coffee; however I wanted to prove myself that I could do without. I don’t want to live knowing that I have an addiction. This morning, I woke up and did not even think of my coffee. I don’t have headaches during the day, but I drink lots of water. I can honestly say that I feel good and full of energy. I hope I can continue for a while and then just have an occasional coffee here and there.

No comments: