Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Training the Dogs 101

I think it’s time again to try and get Sam & George to sleep on their own single bed beside our bed. I’ve been to the chiropractor 5 times and massage therapist 2 times in 2 weeks for my back. When I told my chiropractor that my 2 boxers sleep with me, she said ‘no wonder you wake up every morning with a sore back and neck.’ So I guess for the 5th time, I will try and get them to sleep beside me on a separate bed. I will still be able to touch them with my foot so they might believe that they are actually in my bed. We’ll see.

I have also bought a new pillow and a new duvet comforter so I should be getting a good night sleep tonight.

Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had to train the dogs not to sleep on the bed after the baby came - I wanted to have a good night sleep when I didn't have to be up with Owen. It only took a couple days of them looking at me with sad eyes but I didn't cave in and now, they don't even try to get on the bed, as soon as I go in our room, they go on their pillow at the foot of the bed and their beds are just costco pillows, Sam and George have a REAL bed, so they'll be fine. Just be firm with them and DON'T CAVE IN... we spoil them too much sometimes :)

Angele

Sylvie and Victor said...

Hahah! I have been bloging for the past hour and they are just staring at me. They are probably thinking 'Hum!!! let just pretend we are comfortable and as soon as she sleeps, we'll just hop in'