Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not so ordinary day

This morning was not like any other morning. One thing that is the same, I had an extremely hard time to get out of bed hahah! Victor starts to tell me what time it is around 6AM but I can’t manage to get out of bed until 6:30, however this morning; I was bringing George to the vet to get spayed so I was able to sleep in till 7:30 :)
Once I got up, the plan was to bring George with me to drop her off at the vet and Sam would stay home. Well I had tears in my eyes, while I was walking out the door with George and Sam was just looking at us thinking, what did I do wrong? Why do I have to stay and she gets to go in the car? I managed to drive up to the main road and took out my cell and called my husband to see if he could bring Sam with him today to work. Having a dear husband that loves animals as much as I do, he did not hesitate one second and told me to bring her to Shediac. I did a u-turn all excited and came to get Sam. Once at the vet, my heart broke again when the vet tech took her by the leash and she did not want to follow her. She was looking back at me and was shaking. I had to take her and walk her in the back in a kennel, which she was never in before. What a morning. I cannot imagine what I will be like when we have our baby girl and she needs to see a doctor. I am going to go out of my mind.
While I was preoccupied at work, worrying about Sam and George, I had received an email from Imagine Adoption. Like usual, I stop breathing for a few seconds and then I make sure that I am alone to read the email incase I freak out. That email was really encouraging.
They said that Pastor Deb, who is the Director of the Orphanage met with the Dept of Social Welfare and it went well. They are going to have a part-time social worker for the dept. of Social Welfare assisting them to work on the adoption files. This is really good news. They said the children at the orphanage were doing really well and they were all happy. The only thing left to do before our file can be processed again is having the lawyer of Hands of Mercy (Orphanage) meet with the High Commission. They were not able to have a meeting yet, however they are working on it.
So everyone out there that are helping us with good thoughts and prayer, please continue because it is working.

2 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

We are adopting from Hands of Mercy also, but from the U.S. I pray things get worked out on the Canadian side very soon. We are adopting a five year old and waiting on a court date.

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! It's good to hear that the orphanage is still running for the U.S.

Good luck with your journey as well.