Friday, May 29, 2009

A week in Sylvie's life

My week started off such on the wrong track and ended on a good note! With everything going on with the adoption process, work life is not much better. Thank god that my life at home is great! To start off with the adoption part, I am thanking Pastor Deb for staying in Ghana for another week to try and get documentation from Social Welfare that the Hands of Mercy Orphanage is indeed fully operational. I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to thank her. She is doing a difference in the world that means the world to me. I wish I had the courage and guts to do something like her.
I took Wednesday off work to go to my Naturopath in Saint-John, NB, about 1:30 drive from home. When I got back, I was so relaxed and enjoyed the rest of my afternoon cooking organic/Veggie meals. I had an awesome time in my kitchen. I was following recipes from a cookbook that one of my friends gave me. At the end of the afternoon, I was even making recipes for home made facial toner, moisturizers. I realized at that moment that life is surely not about work. I was having the time of my life alone in my kitchen with my dogs. I am thinking now that I will be taking days like this more often. It is good for my mind.
Friday, had to go back to work. Did not really have it in me so decided to make an appointment downstairs and go to the hairdresser. I told her to cut my hair and change the color. Well indeed did she listen to me. I can still remember the noise that the scissors made when she took out the big chuck Ikes!!! I walked back upstairs to work and felt like a totally new person. What an awesome feeling. I will post a picture of my new look sometimes this weekend. I am presently outside on the picnic table at 9:02 pm and not looking that great. I just came back from a walk with the dogs. Oh yes, I now just remembered why I started writing a new blog tonight. After supper, Victor, Nicole and I were having a discussion about the adoption and I told them that it’s now looking towards that I (we) would have to stay in Ghana for 90 days. They just looked at me with a funny face and did not know what to say. I told them straight forward that if that was the case, I was ready to go and would deal with it one way or the other. I know that this really not like me, but I would do anything at this point to get Kyanna home with us. I am totally seeing this as a great experience and will be grateful at the end that I did it. So here comes the funny part. Nicole said, ya really, you would leave Sam and George (my dogs) for 3 months? I said yes while looking at them straight in the eyes and told them that mommy was leaving for Africa for 3 months. They immediately jumped on the chair were I was sitting and just stared at me and stayed comely on the chair with me, meaning that they didn’t want me to leave. It was hilarious!!! I can’t imagine shipping my dogs to Africa so I guess they will have to stay home and wait for me. 

No comments: