Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still standing on the edge of the cliff…

Other than still waiting to hear from Imagine next week with a verdict of is the Ghana program still operating or closing, I am still continuing to live my life. I am surely surprising myself by writing this down right now because I should be freaking out right now. I guess I am so used to fighting for what I want that it has become a second nature for me now in my life.

I spoke to Imagine this afternoon, one of the caseworkers told me that they had been waiting for the paperwork to come in from HoM (Orphanage) and without it, they cannot continue with the program. She said they are hearing that all is running smoothly and things are looking good, however it’s all in verbal communication. She said the Canadian High Commission are not accepting adoption from HoM and its not looking good because they cannot get the paperwork. I begged her to wait awhile longer so we can continue the process and she advised me that as some point they just have to let go. She said HoM had a few months to get the paperwork in and was not able to do so yet. She talked to me about other programs and options and I did not want to hear them. We are sticking with our gut feeling till the end and not giving up. We still have hope that this can all sort itself out. With everybody praying in each corner of Canada, I know we can make this work. Some call it a miracle some call it luck, call it whatever you want, it will happen.

Check out this link, you can see for yourself all the wonderful children waiting to be adopted. This is what I am praying for.

http://handsofmercy.shutterfly.com/370

On the website, it talks about the situation in Ghana at HoM orphanage. I truly believe that Past Deb will make this work. She is working so hard to get this program running. I pray for her strength and her good will to continue helping all these children.

No comments: