Thursday, June 25, 2009

1 year millstone…

It will be 1 year next week that we’ve started our adoption journey. I feel we’ve been going backwards all winter. Hopefully this summer will bring in new and happy thoughts. We received 2 emails from our agency since last week with no new information. The cutoff date was suppose to be last Friday, June 19th and nothing has happened yet. I feel that as my dad had promised me, this adoption is going to happen. I know that he is making everything in his power to stop them from making a decision too fast. With time, I know it will happen. We just have to keep fighting for what we believe in and continue to pray.

Renee and I went shopping this week, we were at Home Sense and she found a decoration for Kyanna’s room. It’s the letter K with the colors of her room. It’s really pretty. My mom called me last night all excited that she has bought another doll for Kyanna. I think this little girl is already spoiled. One thing for sure she is in our hearts and we are not giving up on her. She will be in my arms sooner or later.

One thing I have learned is to enjoy the moment and be part of the ‘NOW’. I am no longer thinking and wishing that this journey be over. I am concentrating on what is happening today and going through the emotions.

No comments: