Monday, June 8, 2009

Miracles do happen - June 8th, 2009

Today I am the happiest person in the world. When I was driving to work this morning, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about father’s day. Tears started coming down my eyes. Every year for father’s day, my parents came to our place to celebrate because my birthday was always the same weekend or a weekend apart from father’s day. I was hurting so bad that I just wanted him to come back for my birthday. It's the only gift I want this year. I think my father heard me talk to him this morning because the last thing I thought would happen today was receive an email from Imagine. I was sure we would only get something by the end of the week. To my surprise right before lunch, we got an email saying that Imagine finally received the paperwork they were waiting for!!! Yoopiii! They said the DSW (Department of Social Welfare) are confident that HOM (Hands of Mercy) will be licensened for the new Child Reform Act within 2-4 weeks. After the licensing process, court dates and referrals will continue as normal.

I want to thank everyone that has helped us pray for this miracle to happen. When I saw the words… We have chosen to continue with the Ghana adoption program… I thought I was going to hit the roof at work. I was jumping for joy. I know that this might not be the last bump on this journey but it was surly one of the biggest one yet. I am grateful that we were able to pull through it and will continue to pray and wait for our little Kyanna to come home. I guess I got my birthday gift a week early. Jessica one of my blog friends who is also adopting from Ghana is celebrating her birthday today. I'm sure she could of not asked for a more wonderful gift that to receive that email today! I hope she enjoyed her special day.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks sylvie! It is true... I could not have asked for a better gift today!! Have a wonderful week!