Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coincidence or Not?

Another one bites the dust… For some odd reason, I received an email this pm from Imagine. Same routine, I have to be alone to read it and this time, I was not at my desk or at home. I am in Ottawa for a course at the Canadian School of Public Service actually in Gatineau. The teacher just asked us to read the last Case Study of the day and I just happened to check my blackberry, not that I am addicted or not LOL! There it was, I just left the room and went into the lounge area. I was reading however, not understanding a word. I wanted that email to be positive and I would have been able to run back to the classroom and tell my coworkers that this is it, the program is back on track, but it did not happen that way. The email stated that they had been advised on a federal level that HOM orphanage would not be getting a license after all as they were suppose to after the last email we received. Because of that, our agency advised us that they were CLOSING the program on Friday June 19, 2009, unless they can receive clear evidence or re-licensing.

This is not good and I was not ready to deal with this in Ottawa. Yesterday was my Birthday and I was away from my dear husband and step-daughters. When I got back to the hotel after class, there was a dozen ROSES waiting for me. I felt so special and loved. My great step-daughter Nicole made the arrangements with her friend at the front desk. She is sooo special xooxx.

On my birthday, June 15, 2009, I was thinking of my dad in class. I was thinking that he would of probably had a hard time of my being away on my birthday if he would have been here but then again, I know he was with me. I was thinking in my mind that I wanted a sign from him. Weird COINCIDENCE happened right after that. I opened my bag that I had my treats in for no apparent reason and just looked inside. I saw a little piece of paper folded in half. I opened it and it was my dad’s appointment for his bone scan on the day he passed away, Feb 19, 2009. I just stared at it and thought to myself, this is my sign that I had asked for. Didn’t really understand why the date would be important but I just accepted it. Anyhoo, getting to where I was going with all this… After receiving that email today from our agency, I did not get upset, it hit me that I was really confident that this adoption was going to work out and we were not giving up and…. The sign my dad gave me was the 19th. He probably meant that that would be my Birthday gift from him. I will be able to enjoy the 19th and celebrate because it will be huge milestone for our journey. The 19th will no longer be a bad number remembering his death and the day we traveled, it will be a day to remember!

There’s my two cents on this whole email scenario. You might think I’m crazy but I believe it this and will keep fighting till my Kyanna is home. Maybe this blog is not suitable for all audiences but this is my stress reliever. I just type away and it makes me feel good.

Good night!

No comments: