Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New message downloading on my iphone!

If you are in the process of adopting or have already adopted, you know how important it is to check your email on an hourly bases. For those of you who have never adopted, I’m sure you might be waiting for important emails about to see if you got the job, weekend plans with friends, weekly deals for vacations down south and even an email confirmation of your vacation itinerary. What you may not realize is that for the past 3 years now, I’ve been checking my emails hourly on my phone on average. Waiting for an email that will finaly say, YOU ARE READY TO BRING KYANNE HOME! When I see the ‘downloading 1 of 4 messages’ at the bottom of the screen, my heart starts to beat faster. You would think that the feeling would have gone away after all this time. I still have those butterflies each day. The emails that I am waiting so desperately for are always one step closer to have our beautiful little Kyanne home.

Lately the checking my email hourly has probably went up to every half hour. In the past 4 months I’ve received several emails from GLA that our dossier is moving up to the next stage. Next stage will be advising us that we are in MOI (Passport stage). Liette, my friend who is also adopting, received an email yesterday that she finished Parquet and her dossier is now in Courts like our dossier.

Since we got our match (referral) in February, I even unsubscribed from mailing list so that the number of new messages would go down. It was driving me crazy seeing all these new messages and none from GLA.

Let’s just say that I am extremely thankful for technology! If it would not be for all our gadgets, we would need to stay home and wait for the phone to ring or get snail mail. I don’t think I would have survived those days.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I too had unsubscribed to e-mail lists so I only get the important stuff! I get that excited/keep calm feeling every morning hoping for the e-mail to say we are through IBESR...I know it will happen...just wish it would happen tomorrow!

Denise said...

With our first adoption, getting emails on your phone was a new thing... and it literally did save my social life as I was completely glued to the computer for hours on end before that! It was the type of adoption where we would get news about a baby being available, or a mother looking at our portfolio and I would get sometimes get multiple emails like that a day! Emails on phones have saved my sanity :)