Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A river running down my face

Yesterday was a very difficult day. I don’t think I cried this much since the earthquake. For some reason I just can't  handle it anymore. I NEED KYANNE TO COME HOME! I NEED GLA TO EM AIL ME THAT OUR DOSSIER IS OUT OF COURTS AND INTO PASSPORT NOW!!!


How yesterday went:

Part 1
The morning started on the slow side, my cousin Margo told me that she was not sure if she would make it to hot yoga so I was just going to find a good excuse not to go myself. Around 10 am, she texted me that she was going to be able to make it. Without any motivation, I figured that since she was going, I would go to. I left my desk at 10:50 and was really proud that I did the practice, however I still did not feel motivated. When I got back to my desk, I checked my email and subject line was ‘ I saw Berline today!’ I almost had a heartattach. I opened the email and here it goes:


From: Bobby Downes
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:14:52 -0500
Subject: Re: I saw Berline today!
To: Sylvie Cormier


GLA is taking such great care. And there is a new group of young ladies here that knew Berline by name. We'll be going back there in the next day or so and I'll be going straight for her crib to take her out to play. Will take more photos.


She'll be home soon!!!
Bobby


I cried and cried when I saw her beautiful face in her crib. Again… she looks extremely happy.






Part 2

I was at work and was demanding to get more. I am commanding that she comes home NOW! I was really grateful for the email from Bobby, however I WANTED MORE.

I left work and got home really tired. I did not even go outside with the dogs. I just curled up on the couch with the dogs and passed out. I guess I really needed a good nap because at around 7 pm, I heard Nicole ask her father were I was. She did not even see me on the couch. Victor asked her what she needed and she said she had found more pictures of Kyanne on FB from other volunteers. I immediately jumped up. I sort of acted like my dogs when I tell them I have a treat LOL! So there she was with her smiley face lighting up. I started crying even more when I saw that the volunteers had the book of our family pictures and the one that we recorded our voices.





This is one of the GLA Staff that is really attached to Kyanne.

He plays with her all the time.



Now that she's walking, she needs shoes!!!




Part 3

Not even 5 minutes after looking at the picutres, I checked my emails and there it was… the GLA July Update of Kyanne!!!!!!!!! 3 updates in one day, that is just too much to handle. I immediately lost it when I read the update and it described the pictures Nicole was just showing me with the books… This is part of the update that touched me the most and had me crying nonstop.

One of the volunteers told the sweetest story about Berline which I thought you would really like. She said that the first day with her she opened the book you had made for her and Berline’s response was to smile, point, say “mama” ”dada” and then she bent down and kissed the picture! How cute! She is so excited to live you with you.

So there you have it. Since I visited Kyanne, I have been real strong and patient. I’ve been telling myself that she is happy and that I can wait to get that email that we can come and get her. Well now I am out of that stage and I NEED HER HOME! I can no longer take it anymore. THE TIME HAS COME AND IT HAS TO HAPPEN NOW!!!

Here is our July update from GLA:

Sunny Greetings from God’s Littlest Angels, Victor and Sylvie!


The summer is sure flying by for us here at God’s Littlest Angels. We are in full swing with our school sponsorship program with Haitian families here to apply daily. The building at Fort Jacques is steadily moving forward. We have had many visitors in and out but we have not been without our trials this month. You can read more on Dixie’s blog about those things. Regardless of how difficult things can get we have definitely seen an infinite abundance of God’s grace. All the children have been healthy for the most part and we have had many amazing visitors come to support us as well as individuals from around the world offering their support both financially and most importantly through prayer.


I know that one thing many families do in the summer and I am sure you are looking forward to doing with Berline is going to a beach or pool. This is the inspiration for my photos this month. I can just imagine these beautiful babies and children enjoying the beach or pool with a wonderful loving family! What an exciting thought. Here at GLA bringing the pool out on the balcony is a favorite activity for the kids and volunteers and once in a while Molly and Joyce will bring out the pools for the kids at the Toddler House. It is a true treat for them and most of the kids would play there all day if they could. Enjoy the photos as you imagine time spent in the summer sun with Berline.


Berline is now officially a walker!! She is now walking everywhere she wants to go; I think she has decided that walking is easier then crawling. When I walked into the nursery today she came walking around the corner and I was shocked. I had seen her walking around but this is the first time she has come up to me from the other room walking the whole way. On July 5th she was taking about 9 steps at one time and then on the 7th she was taking about 13 steps, then shortly after that she was walking everywhere! In addition to walking so much she now has 6 teeth and she is also chatting a lot and repeating words.


She is still one of the most jolly, happy little ones in the nursery but she has begun to throw bigger and more frequent fits when she is unhappy. It seemed to me that she was always one of the most contented girls we have but this seems to have changed a little. If she wants to be picked up she is not afraid to let you know about it.


One of the volunteers told the sweetest story about Berline which I thought you would really like. She said that the first day with her she opened the book you had made for her and Berline’s response was to smile, point, say “mama” ”dada” and then she bent down and kissed the picture! How cute! She is so excited to live you with you.


Berline’s volunteers tell me that she loves the pool. She loves to get water dumped on her head. She will smile and laugh a lot when someone does this to her.


Berline is healthy and growing:


Height: 71.5 cm
Weight: 20 lb 8 oz






1 comment:

Denise said...

You are so blessed that it is going so quickly. I feel this desperation to have G home all the time - and yet nothing is happening. So, when you feel ready to loose your patience...please pray for those of us who have been waiting 5 months in IBESR with no end in sight. Your little girl is so beautiful! I'm sure she will bring such delight to your family. xo