Monday, July 4, 2011

Out of PARQUET!!!

I got the most wonderful email when I came back from lunch today! Our dossier is out of Parquet. This is the stage that GLA had to get the Bio Mother to go in front of the judge and say that she was ok with giving her daughter up for adoption. This could have taken several months. Sometime they have a hard time to find the parents and get them to show up in court. We were very fortunate and it only took 7 weeks. I screamed so loud at work when I saw that email. The title was ‘Out of Parquet’ I was checking my email on my iphone while talking to my co-worker. As soon as I saw the title, I screamed and it seemed that my phone was on fire, I could not hold it anymore. I threw it on my desk and wanted to read it from my computer. So again... my coworkers got the news before my husband. LOL!

This is the mail I received this afternoon:

Congratulations Victor and Sylvie!


Great news! Your adoption of Berline has just been approved by Parquet. This week, we are preparing your dossier to enter the courts, in which we will create the civil court document and the Act of Adoption. This is when Berline will legally become your child and take your family name of Cormier.


After the courts, we will ask National Archives for an attestation signature for the Act of Adoption and then we will legalize the Haitian legal documents in both the Department of Justice and Minister of Foreign Affairs (MAE).


We have only had one other dossier reach this stage so far, and that dossier took about one month for all of these steps together – courts, attestation signature, legalization, and MAE. Of course, each file can differ, and we can't base a timeline on one dossier, but hopefully yours will go just as quickly. As we always say, plan for longer, and if it comes out in a month, you'll be happy!


After these steps, we can apply for Berline’s passport in the Minister of Interior’s (MOI) office. I may not always have the time to email you as we exit each step. I will, however, be sure to email you when we apply for Berline’s passport at MOI.


Once again, congratulations on being one step closer to taking your angel home!
Have a great day!


I emailed them back and asked what the time frame was for passport and she said from 5 to 7 weeks and then a few weeks for the visa.

This is really happening... Kyanne will be home before we know it and before we are fully ready for her hahah! Even if we are not 100% ready, I will go get her in a heartbeat and we’ll deal with the details after.