Thursday, June 30, 2011

3 Years today...

Today marks the 3 Year Anniversary that we officially decided to adopt.


Post - June 30, 2008
Post – July 1, 2008

Reading back my blog from 3 years ago, I started crying this morning. Back then, I did not know the power that my dad had. If you read this post

When I first told my dad that we were going to adopt, I told him not to get too excited in case something happened that it would not work out. He could not understand what I meant with “if it doesn’t work out’. He told me that we would make it work. Until that moment, watching the video, I didn’t’ felt 100% that we would go through this journey, but that changed my mind. Like my dad said, I’ll make this adoption happen.

I had never thought in a million years that after 3 years, I would still be blogging and waiting for Kyanne to come home. She is definitely growing in our hearts (like Lexie would say :) and she is already part of our family. The difficult part is seeing her grow and not being able to capture every moment. Saying that, I am so greatful that we found GLA and they are providing her with great love and care. Kyanne (Berline) is a happy baby. Its mommy and daddy that are having a difficult time.

I am not frustrated anymore that it’s taking time. I understand that Kyanne was really our match made in heaven and we had to wait for her to be born and be matched to our family. It’s hard to understand in today’s society that with time, everything will work out the way it was planned out to be. We are so busy with our everyday lives that we are all programed that we can only function if we have a specific timeframe in mind. I am going to enjoy my Canada Day Long Weekend and be grateful for my family and that Kyanne is in good hands until ‘THE DAY’ which is still unknown to us… we BRING HER HOME TO HER FOREVER FAMILY!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hopefully it's soon. I can't wait to see pictures of her at home with you :)

Adrienne said...

Well said Sylvie! THE DAY will come, and the wait will have been worth it to have the one meant to be ours in our arms!!