Thursday, September 22, 2011

6 weeks in MOI

Today I was on FB and saw that John from Guest House at GLA had added a new friend. Like Nicole would do, I checked out the photos of the aka... friend of John’s to see if I could find pictures of Kyanne, Théo, Nathan or Clay. To my surprise, I did find one of my sweet little Kyanne. I am not sure if it’s Nathan beside her in red or not ... Adrienne might be able to confirm on this one. When I saw Kyanne, I almost lost it. This was at the end of the day thank god. I know that Kyanne is ok. She is in the best orphanage in Haiti. I know that the staff and volunteers are taking good care of her and are loving her, however seeing this pictures and knowing that she’s my daughter... it just broke my heart. It looks like a picture they would have for an UNICEF commercial on TV. I am so fortunate that I have been to GLA twice and I know that probably 2 seconds after that photo was taken, she had a great big smile on her face. I keep telling myself over and over that God has a plan for me and Kyanne and she will be home when the time is right.

I don’t know why I feel so sad looking at that photo. This is a balcony... I think it's just the expression on her face and her little hands holding the gated balcony. Mama is coming to get you soon. Hold on tight! xoxo

On a good note, GLA updated the adoption status page and Darline, who was following the same steps as Kyanne since Attestation has gone to Passport. We were 4 in MOI and she is the only one that went to Passport. This is really good news. I know it's not my dossier that moved, but there is some work being done in MOI so it can only be a matter of time...

Adrienne, Nathan's mom just came back from Haiti to sign in front of the judge like we did back in May. She is one of the adoptive mom that I am in contact with. There is Liette, Adrienne, Kori and myself.  We've been helping each other via email/FB . I am so fortunate to have them as support. We said that one day; we will have a reunion the 4 of us with our little ones. I am also in contact with another adoptive mom that isi adopting in Haiti. She is however adopting from another orphanage. It's nice to be able to communicate with others that are going through the same emotions as I am. She is adopting a beautiful little girl as well. I sure hope we get to meet her as well one day.


Here's a pic of the 4 little buddies. They are some cute. I guess in an orphanage, colour does not matter. As long as they are clean and dry. They look so comfy in those pyjamas...


Kyanne, Nathan, Théo and Clay

Best of Friends!
Kyanne & Théo

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

YES! That is Nathan in red!
They were probably hanging out waiting for lunch and that's why they all look kinda grumpy :)

Denise said...

I hope to get to meet you and Kyanne in person some day too :) I seriously don't know what I would do without the support of fellow adoptive friends via the internet! It certainly helps to share the same tough feelings. I hope you hear great news about her file soon - I've been thinking about you today, knowing it's probably been a tough week for you. xo

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thank you girls! You mean the world to me. We might be in different corner of our Country and some in other Country... but one thing is that we are all supporting each other.