Thursday, September 29, 2011

Passport Stage!

It has been 7 weeks today that Kyanne’s file is in MOI. Because of the 2 hour difference to Haiti, we normally stop checking for updates at 7pm and I did stop checking at 7pm. Renée, my step-daughter and her boyfriend Chris came to visit and we talked and laughed till 10pm. When they left I went to take a shower and was just about to go to bed and I stopped to check FB and my email was open. I saw an email from GLA... I was not really paying attention because I thought it was just the email notification that there was an update on the blog. But No! It was Melissa!!!!

**************************************************
Hi Victor and Sylvie,


I am very happy to let you know that Berline's file came out of MOI today, so we will be submitting her file to Immigration tomorrow for passport printing!

There is still one paper outstanding, which I believe Immigration will require, but we will submit the file so that they can at least start reviewing it, and as soon as we receive the paper, we will forward it to Immigration.


I will be sure to keep you updated and let you know when you can start making travel plans!


Have a GREAT evening!
Melissa Friesen
Adoptions Coordinator

***************************************************************************

So there you are... once again! I was too busy to check my emails all evening. I was busy enjoying life in the PRESENT TIME! I was having fun and I got the news.

Poor Nicole! I opened the door to her apartment on top of our garage and ran to her bed and jumped to hug her. She had just gone up a few minutes before so she had no idea what was going on.

A few other weird things that happened today...

My co-worker told me at the beginning of the week that I was going to get the news this week. Because we had passed the 4 weeks time frame, I did not want to get my hopes up so I was telling her that we will get the news when its time. Yesterday, she said that TODAY, was going to be the day. She even said it again in the afternoon.

While I was making a new batch of veggie burgers, I saw my sister-in-law walking in the yard. I called her to come over. When she came in, I asked her if the burgers were like the one she made. She looked at my funny and said, Oh! I thought you were going to give me good news!!! I said no, just wanted to talk about veggie burgers LOL! To her surprise, I sent her a FB chat with the good news a few hours later.

I can’t believe it! My baby girl is almost home!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Yahoo!!! I can hardly believe it - such great news! Any idea how long until travel?

Sylvie and Victor said...

Don't know yet. I am going to email Melissa today and see what she says. She said she would contact me when I can start planing our travel.

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo! Such great news! I am so thrilled for you. You're so close now. Oh, this is just so exciting. I remember when we got to this stage I called my mom and said, "Mom, guess what I bought today? Wipes!" Only someone who has had to wait this long gets that excited to buy wipes. lol.
Lisa Poirier