Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adventure of finding a doctor...July 15, 2008



During this week of waiting… (July 15, 2008)I decided to start calling for our medical appointments. Who knew how complicated this 1 piece of the puzzle would be. Because my doctor was on sick leave for 1 year, she is only starting part time and only taking emergencies. The new secretary did not want to book me for an appointment. She said I had to call back in the beginning of October to schedule an appointment. Not too happy…

I called Shediac Medical Clinique to see if they could take us and they did not say they were not able to fill out medical forms, however they doctor’s didn’t want to do them for adoption. I flipped on the phone with the poor receptionist. I know it’s not her fault but I guess she had to take my crap. One of our problems, is that Victor doesn’t have a family doctor and who would we get to fill out our medical forms. He doesn’t have a doctor and my doctor can’t do mine. What a mess!!! I called practically all the doctors I could find in the phone book and no one would accept new patients. I really got discourage and didn’t think we would be able to find someone to fill out our medical forms. I thought to myself that If this is the worst thing that could happened, it wasn’t the end of the word and I would find a way to overcome this obstacle. A f

After a few days, I was talking to Margo and she said that she could ask Serge if he could do them for us. We went with that idea for awhile until I realized that we might have to get more test done and more forms before it was all done. I then called my doctor’s office and demanded that she sees me. I said that it was an emergency and she had to schedule me. I could tell she was not impressed but booked me for the next morning. Now how’s that! Not able to schedule an appointment before October and I got in the next day. This to me means that If you believe in something and you want it bad, don’t give up. Do what it takes to make it happen!!!
The next day (August 7, 2008) I went to get my forms filled out by my doctor. When I was done, I had a brilliant idea to go see every receptionist and see if they would take a new patient. After being refused several time I seen a new door to the left of the building that I had not seen before. I seen a bunch on new names that I had not seen before. Got to the first one and said the usual Sorry , Dr. ??? doesn’t take new patients. I got to the next one and this sweet girl, was smiling and seemed like she actually wanted to help me. I explained to her why we needed a doctor for my husband. You could tell that she didn’t want to say no but unfortunatly Dr. O. Was not talking new patients at the moment, however in October she was probably going to start again. She asked me to sit down and she would ask the Dr if she would at least sign the medical forms to help us with the adoption process. A few minutes went by and she came back with a smile and said Dr. O. would do his medical. I was so relieved!!! When we were setting up the appointment for the following day, Dr. O. came by and we taked. She was really happy to hear that we were adoptin from Ghana. This Dr is an African Women. She was going on and on, about the adoption and how exciting this was going to be. I asked her politely if she was take my husband as a patient. She just smiled and ask me why I was making my husband decisions. We just laught and she took out an application form and told me that she would see him tomorrow. This was the best news ever. We just couldn’t find a doctor for Victor and now we have an African Dr that will be able to help us care for our baby girl when we bring her home. I already feel that this is all going to work out. I guess there was a reason why Victor didn’t have a Dr. and I couldn’t find one until today. When Victor met with her the next day, she asked if she could be our child’s doctor.

No comments: