Monday, July 20, 2009

Haiti is a go for us

Things are on the move for me again for me. At least this time I am not running in circles. I know what I am doing and things are moving fast to start our Dossier for Haiti.

Already done:
Orphanage approved our application – July 16, 2009
Criminal Checks – Got them done on Friday July 17, 2009
Medicals - Got them done today July 20, 2009
Finished filling out forms for Gentle Path Counseling Services – July 20, 2009

So basically I am sending the forms to Gentle Path tomorrow and should be able to receive a call from SW to do our homestudy update next week if all goes well or the week after. I got a call from Director of Gentle Path today to let me know that we have to take a mandatory course on adoption before our homestudy can get updated. There is a course this weekend in Saint John so last minute, we are going. I remember last year around this time when I was gathering up our dossier, I was going out of my mind. I was really stressed and could not get appointments soon enough. This time around, everything is running smoothly. I sure hope this whole process can continue to run like this. I accomplished a lot today and surprisingly it’s my Dads Birthday today. I think he was with me today helping me out. His birthday and he is still doing everything for me 

At the same time, I am reading on all the Yahoo and Facebook groups on Imagine Adoption bankruptcy. There are lots of people working hard to get their voice heard. I feel bad that I am no longer fighting but we had made our decision to go with Haiti. I know we’ve made the right decision for us. I don’t think I could of handled the news if we had not talked about switching. I will do what is needed to support my Ghana group. I was part of the journey and still feel connected to all of them. My heart goes out to all of the families that have been affected.

I am thinking of my dad today on his birthday. I hope he is watching over us and will help us take the right turnes when we get to another crossroad. Love you and miss you lots DAD xoxo.

No comments: