Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend full of fun

Friday, July 24th, Victor and I were on our way to Saint John for adoption workshop being held by Gentle Path Counseling Services. It was fun to meet other adoptive families. We had a fun weekend. We stayed at the Delta which was nice. It was kind of nice to have the bed to ourselves and not share with 2 boxers. As soon as we walked in the conference room, JR, admin assistant to Gentle Path told me that he got our file ready to be sent out to our SW to do our homestudy update. I was so happy to hear that.

This is us in Saint John.






Friday before we left for Saint John, I watch a video clip that is posted on our orphanage’s website in Haiti. I was in tears. I just wanted to be there and help with all those children. On our way to Saint John, it stayed in the back of my mind. I just need to get to Haiti before Christmas.

After thinking about it for a few days, I made up my mind and I am making a commitment of going there before Christmas. I’ve already send out emails to my family and friends that I am going to the orphanage for a week to do some volunteer work. I have asked for donations that the orphanage can use. I still don’t know who else is coming with me but I am DETERMIND to go. I know that I cannot get fully prepared for the emotional part of this trip but it’s something that I will have to deal with once there. I’ve become a stronger person this year and I think it was to prepare me with this life experience. I feel that by doing this now before we receive our child’s referral, I will be able to enjoy our trips on family weeks once we do have our daughter.




3 comments:

Carol said...

I am so excited to follow your journey to Haiti. We have decided to go with South Africa this time around, but who knows what is in the future! Congratulations on almost expecting! :)
Carol
www.breakfastinkitchener.wordpress.com

A said...

Sylvie,

Let me know before you go... I'd like to donate something, even if just money to you, so you can buy what they really need. How strong and brave of you to do this. You are an angel for those little babies and an inspiration for many... keep up your positive attitude, it will bring you miracles.

Angele, xoxo

Sylvie and Victor said...

Thanks Carol. I sure hope your South Africa adoption will make your dream come true.

And thank you Angele. I dont really know if I'm strong but something powerful is making me do this. Its a great feeling.

I will be in touch. Hope all is good with you guys as well.