Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm on a HIGH and I ain't coming down.

Today… early in the morning, my phone rang and it was Toys R Us that called to tell me that my Peg Perego SI stroller was in. I did a whole lot of research before I decided on a stroller. For some reason I needed the perfect one. A lot of people were telling me to get the ones with only 3 wheels but that’s not what I wanted. I got some very good advice from a co-worker and we decided on this one. It has handles so I can put my bags when I go shopping, its light weight and folds easily.

At lunch we went to Winners and I found the cutest outfits for Kyanne. I am on such a high and I am just enjoying getting things for her. When I got home, Renée and Amanda were home. Renée said she was going to cook supper for us. When Nicole arrived we asked her if she wanted to go upstairs and finish up Kyanne’s room. We needed to put the wooded letters that spells her name that they got me at my baby shower on top of her bed, a few shelf’s and a painting. As a team, we watched Nicole do all the work LOL! She’s such a great sport hahaha! We then decided that we were going to paint her playroom all different colours. Nicole took out her colour chart and decided on nice bright colours.

When we came downstairs, Victor was home and he had the stroller. I took it out of the box and it was exactly like I had pictured it. I just love it! So now we were off to Home Hardware at 10 to 8 pm to get the paint. When we got there we realized that it was closing in 10 minutes so we told them what we wanted and I would pick it up tomorrow. While Nicole was talking to the guy to mix the paint, I checked my emails... since I had not done so all evening because I was busy and there it was!!!! The GLA email that I was waiting for. I was jumping up and down and nobody realized what I was doing and I was not able to talk. I was just jumping and trying to download the message. All I knew at the time was in the title... ‘Good News’ Well... I wanted to see it from my own eyes... I wanted to see the words... you are out of Courts and in MOI/Passport!!!!!!!! Amanda noticed that I was acting weird and asked me what was going on and then I started saying... I got the email! I got the email... this is it... she’s coming home. Thank god that we live in a small community and everyone knows we are adopting. The guy for the paint congratulated us. Renée had her dad on the phone for questions for the pain and I grabbed the phone from her to give him the news. I read the email 3 times and then we went out for an ice cream to celebrate and brought some for Victor and the dogs. When we got to the ice cream place, I stayed outside to call Liette. I could not wait another minute without her knowing. She’s next so she has to know!!!! She was not there so I emailed her in case she was out for the evening. The girls were laughing at me because I was not able to complete my sentences. I had a permanent smile on my face. Amanda even made a comment... my blinker on my car was acting up and was making the clicking sound at a high speed level. Anyways, she said, Sylvie is sort of like her blinker, she is on high gear right now LOL!












When we got home I wanted to show Victor the email and I could no longer find it in my inbox. I grabbed my laptop and still was not able to see it. I honestly thought I was losing it. The girls were just laughing at me. I checked the deleted items inbox and was not able to find it. Nicole said maybe this was all a dream... I had to sit down and really relax for a minute. I was ready to email Melissa and ask her to forward me the email again. When I calmed down, I finally did a search and found it. I was some happy! So once again I got the email when I was busy enjoying living in the moment. So word of advice: Don’t sit and wait for things to happen. Live your life in the present and things will happen! I am so blessed to have a wonderful family that are all as excited to bring Kyanne home like me. I am on a high right now and I don’t think it’s going to go away. She’s really coming home.

So tomorrow, I am ordering the baby sling and I am getting the baby bag. I should be all set after. The only thing left to buy is pampers and more cloths and shoes. Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

Denise said...

The room looks darling... and I love the stroller! I need to find one with a ride-along on the back for the older toddler. Oh my - the thought of shopping with two toddlers makes me want to crawl in a hole! lol And yet I can't wait... :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations:) You must be just bursting!
Her room looks beautiful...it will be even more beautiful when she is in it;)

ourpartyof4 said...

I have goose bumps Sylvie! So excited for you! I love her room, it is so pretty. Congratulations, she will be home with you before you know it!

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Sooooo beautiful! Kyanne is a very lucky little girl!