Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It’s not perfect!


Almost 2 weeks ago when we got the news that we were entering MOI/Passport stage, we were at Home Hardware getting paint for the playroom. We did not touch the paint until last Tuesday. Renée, Chris, Amanda and I decided to apply a coat of primer since it was raining. Nicole was gone to the movies with her friends so we decided to go ahead without her since it was just the primer. We will save the expert for the paint.





With that being said, yesterday, Aug. 22, it was another rainy day. I texted Renée and she said she would come and help paint. When we got home, Nicole had in her mind that she was going to clean her apartment and she didn’t feel like painting. The one thing that I hate doing is painting and there I was with Renée opening the gallons of paint. I’m just the type that when I start something I need to finish it right away. That’s why I suck at painting. I try to finish it before I even start the wall. I knew that we would not be able to finish the room in one evening. Oh well, we started with the purple and finished the evening with the pink. We will do the yellow wall when it rains again. So there we were, all proud that we were actually painting and the comments started... The coat of paint was dripping on the wall, we painted the ceiling at some places and we had paint on the floor. To top it off, when I was trying to do the touch ups with the brush to stop the dripping; I was using the wrong brush. I was doing the touch up for the purple with the brush I used for the pink and vice versa. Hey! The room is not perfect but nobody else had the time to paint it so we did it and I am proud of our job. When I’ll be upstairs playing with Kyanne in her playroom, I’ll be able to tell her that Mommy and Renée painted her room hahaha! When we were done for the night, Victor said Kyanne will think she’s still at the orphanage because it’s all the same colours as in the nursery. She’ll feel right at home.







No comments: