Thursday, August 25, 2011

On God's time or My time?

I found this blog post this morning. So very true! I would not be able to say it any clearer so here is what she said ‘For nine months a woman carries a baby. Waiting long months and laboring long hours then she gives birth. For a woman adopting you carry a child in your heart. Waiting long months, or years to get your child. Seasons pass and dreams die. Laboring long hours over paper work and documents. Sometimes it seems if the day will never come. You prepare your heart, home, family and then you just wait.’


So please GOD… I have been waiting exactly 3 years, 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days to be exact for Kyanne to come home. I AM READY. I WANT HER NOW. I want to be the one she cries to when the rest of her teeth grows. I want to wipe her nose when it’s runny. I want to be the one picking her up when she falls. I want to be the first person she sees when she wakes up. I want to squeeze her so hard every day and tell her how much we love her and how long we have loved her. I know and I can feel it already in my heart that she knows and remembers our time together in Haiti. This beautiful little girl is so lucky to have 2 mothers that love her so much. Her birth mom loved her so much that she brought her to GLA to give her a chance in life. I think of that woman ever day now. I guess today is going to be a very emotional day for me. I already have tears in my eyes and it’s not 8 am yet.

My dear and wonderful dad... I am begging you to make this happen NOW! I know there’s a reason for waiting and a time for everything… but this is my time and it’s TIME for Kaynne to COME HOME. XOXOXOOX

Here’s a picture that I got of Kyanne. This was taken last week by a volunteer at GLA. She still looks very happy.



2 comments:

Denise said...

Look at that smile! She is a beautiful girl.

Sharla said...

The waiting is so hard. And we can't possibly understand God's timing, which makes the waiting all that much harder.

She looks so happy in the picture!