Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kyann's Baby Shower (July 24, 2011)

From the first time we decided to adopt, Nicole and Renée were ready to throw me a baby shower. Now that the time has finally come, Nicole started asking when I wanted to shower. I wanted to wait after the summer, around September or October. She kept on insisting that Kyanne might be coming home sooner and we need to get everything organized. They both convinced me to do it in the summer. We picked July 24ths for the date.


What Sylvie wanted and what Sylvie got is not quite the same, but at the end, it turned out to be the BEST shower a mother would have ever imagine xoxoxo.

What Sylvie wanted: I wanted to do this really simple and have only the close families as a get together at our place. I did not want to go in a community center (Hall) or any of that type. I did not want to have door prizes and have kitchen cloths or face cloth as a gift for the guest LOL!

What did Sylvie get: I got the most beautiful shower ever!!!! My step daughters, Nicole and Renée convinced me that we had too many people in our families that we could not do this at our place. If it would have rained, we could have never been able to fit everyone indoors comfortably. We were able to get the community center and we were able to fit all 75 people comfortably. We had a brunch type shower. Being a healthy eater, I was not sure how I would handle the white pancakes, white bagels etc... Nicole and Renée made me realise that we would probably be a hand full that would actually care about the food, the rest of the gang, it would just be normal to them. Instead of worrying, I just brought along with me a few of my food supplies and all was good. They did a great job with the brunch buffet.

Nicole and Renée had prepared games that were educational on Haiti and our adoption process in general.

I am so gratefully to have a supportive family and friends. Without them, I don’t think I could have survived the past 3 years. Everyone bought nice gifts for Kyanne. When we got home with the gifts, we cleaned up Kyanne’s room and organized everything. Let me tell you! Now it fells real! I had goose bumps all over my body. My little girl’s room is all ready for her. We can get the call anytime now and we could leave in a heartbeat to bring her home.







No comments: