Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mommy's the Boss!

Thank you ladies from the mommy group! I took your advice today and it worked. Kyanne was being fussy for nap time and was pointing her finger where she wanted to go. It was a game at this point. I had been in my room 3 times, downstairs twice and in her room. I decided to be firm and stayed in her room with her crying in my arms. She was pointing, trying to reach for the door and I did not move. It was difficult but I stayed firm and she eventually reached for her hair and thumb after 2 minutes and fell asleep in my arms. It felt really good to be in power!!!

Last night was a fun night. I went to my mommy group for the first time since Kyanne is home. It felt good to be able to sit at the restaurant and be able to have a conversation without being interrupted.

We’ve been so busy the past few days that I had not blogged. One of the mommies from the mommy group did Kyanne’s hair last week. It’s so cute. I’ll post pics soon. She really loves it but I don’t think she would be ready to go to a salon any time soon. She can’t stand still long enough.

Kyanne’s family doctor called to say they found a slightly higher amount of lead in her blood. I guess the norm is .9 and she’s .14. She wanted to get more test done but I don’t understand why I should put her through this nightmare one more time. I called our naturopath and he said he could do something for her. Once we are done with his treatment I will bring her for a hair analysis to see if everything is in place.

Food: I can now hide grinded sunflower and pumpkin seeds, lentils and veggies in her famous potatoes! I hope this phase last a long time LOL!

Talk: Kyanne is at the point that she repeats everything she eats. She will remember some of them like, carrots, potatoes, apples when she she’s them in the fridge and the rest she will repeat it over and over again when she eats.

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Yay for Mommy time!!
I am very interested to learn what your naturopath is going to give Kyanne for the lead. I think I remember reading something about Chlorella maybe being good for lead detox... but I can't remember. Keep us posted though! ;)

Denise said...

Good job being the boss :) Children feel safer when they know where the boundaries are.

Sylvie and Victor said...

$250 later we will be treating Kyanne for Lead... :(
The naturopath gave her:
- 3 different bottles of homeopathic liquid drops (allow lead to be released from body vs redistributed)
- Vitamin C powder
- HM Chelate capsules (detox liver)
- Castor oil to put on her belly ( help lymph)

Anonymous said...

Good job mommy!!! Stick to your guns :o)