Friday, March 2, 2012

Playdates playdates playdates...

I’ve never been so busy in my entire life! Kyanne has a busier schedule than I ever had. We are already getting ready to go meet her friends for playdates. I am having so much fun being on parental leave. I have to keep an agenda because I could not remember who we are meeting, at what time and where!!!

Today was so much fun! We had 2 playdates and we hosted a dinner. Kyanne was out to lunch before 8pm. We started our morning with our yoga session like usual. Kyanne seems to be doing more now. She will try different moves and gets all excited when she can do them on her own. Daddy brought Sam and Geroge with him this morning so it was really just the 2 of us. We had a great time getting ready. I had a few places to go this morning to get ready for our dinner date with Théo and Liette. When we were done running around, we stopped for lunch at Calactus with Chantal and Maika. Well last week, Kyanne stayed in her high chair for 1 hr ½ but today was different story. She did not stop running around the restaurant, sitting on me, chair next to me, high chair, spilling glasses of water, running in the kitchen... Oh well! I’ll be able to relax in a restaurant in a few years I guess LOL! Once we were done, we made our way to Crystal Palace to try a few rides. Kyanne never went to an amusement park before. I was not sure what to expect, but she did great. She loved the rides. Funny that mommy got all dizzy after going on the horses LOL! I used to love going on the zipper ride and now I can’t even do a kiddy ride. What happened to me??? Am I getting old? I bet I was only having an off day LOL! Before going home to get ready for our next playdate with Théo, we stopped at Chapters for a coffee (Starbucks) and played for a while until I Kyanne started to rub her eyes and took out her thumb. I am so happy that Kyanne and Maika are getting along. When I was young, I was so close with my cousins. They were the sisters I never had. I hope Kyanne can have the same relationship with Maika as I had with my cousins.





On our way back, Kaynne fell asleep right away in the car and slept for a good hour in our bed before Théo arrived. Kyanne was not really in the mood to play yet when Théo arrived. She wanted some cuddle time with mommy. When I saw that she was not being herself and did not want to play, I thought we could go for a walk next door to see daddy. He was at mononcle Pierre’s house. It did the trick! She was really happy to see daddy and it made her smile. She misses him when he’s not around. We then came home and had an hour of fun before we had dinner. It’s so much fun to see them together. They act like brother and sister. We are so blessed to have each other. I cannot imagine being on parental leave without Liette. As I was preparing dinner, I took out some cheese, olives, bread and wine like the good old days!!!


For a week that I had absolutely no plans... we didn’t stop! Tomorrow, I am getting ready for Kyanne. I want to spend some time doing what she wants to do. I want to relax and just be still!!!

No comments: