Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fashion Show

This evening, I got her to try on the clothes I bought for her and the ones she got from her cousin Maika. I had two full bags and she tried them all. She was spinning just like a model LOL! I guess she’s a real girly girl! She absolutely adored the sandals I got for her.


This evening, she was playing with her sisters. She was playing with her doll. It was too cute to see her. At 20 months, she already has a motherly instinct that she has to care for the baby. She was giving her the bottle, gave her a kiss on the cheek while she was rocking her to sleep. Such a difference from 3 months ago. She was trying to poke that same doll’s eye with the bottle. When it was time to go to bed, she wanted to bring the doll. I could sense trouble! As I expected, she wanted to continue to play with the doll. I pretended to leave, but she started crying. I thought she would just keep on playing but no, she wanted mommy in the room. I told her that the doll needed to go to bed as well. She kissed the doll good night and I turned around to put her on her changing table for the night. When I turned back around, she was hanging ready to jump out of her crib. Both feet were hanging on the railing ready for a dive!!! This is not good. This means she is possibly ready for the next step. What is the next step??? Right now I sleep on a single mattress with her on the floor of her room. She is really comfortable with me. Last night, she woke up 3 times, however she did not cry. She got me to turn around on my back and she lay on top of me. It’s so not comfortable, now that she is getting bigger but I don’t mind one bit. I just love having her so close to me. I made sure I pushed the mattress by her crib in case she decides to climb out. Hopefully it was a onetime thing and we can leave her crib for a while. J

This week we noticed that she is saying more words now. When we dress her, she will say sweater, pants, shoes, slippers, boots, and jacket etc... all in FrenchJ. It’s amazing how children learn. I just can’t get over it.

1 comment:

Denise said...

As soon as my kids tried to climb out of the crib, I would pretend to freak out and loudly say "No! No, that is very dangerous... you will hurt yourself!" My son only tried a few times, but then decided to wait until he was 3 years old before climbing out! Amara, also waited until she was over 3, so it's worth a try :) It's not fun if they try to get out that young. If you are worried that she will try to climb out when you arent there, you can buy a sleep sack and put it on backwards, that way she won't be able to get her legs up high enough to climb out...