Saturday, February 18, 2012

Perfect Day!

I’ve been waiting for this perfect day for a long time. It started out as our typical morning.  Mommy did not sleep well during the night so she stayed in bed for an extra half hour while daddy went downstairs with the queen of bananas! Kyanne came in bed with us early during the night and had nightmares for the most part. At one point she even hit us both in the face with her feet. I decided to bring her back in her room and we slept on the mattress on the floor. I managed to get a few hours sleep thankfully.

We packed up all morning to spend the day at the camp. We invited Liette and Théo so we were really looking forward for another wonderful playdate. Now I know why my mom used to complain when we were going to the cottage when we were young. There’s a lot of packing when you leave for the day with young ones.

We had an amazing time. Théo and Kyanne were pleasant most of the time. LOL! I think Liette and I realized that we are both really active and we would like our little ones to be able to follow us. It’s sort of not working that way right now. Kyanne doesn’t really like to go for long walks in the stroller or even be pushed on the slide. Théo was really good. He didn’t say a word. He was making funny faces to make us laugh. After our walk, both Kyanne and Théo went indoors in front of the wood stove to warm up with Victor while Liette and I stayed at the fire outside. A big gray cloud covered us and it stared snowing. It was just a magical. Like we were saying, next year, they will like staying by the fire outside roasting hot dogs... L I hope Kyanne will eat my veggie hotdogs hahah!

Margo, my cousin and her niece Maika and nephew Kael came to join us for a barbeque with 2 more dogs. We had a full house!

No radio, tv and clocks at the camp and our cells were in the car. That was just a perfect day! When I have days like this, I wish I could just pause so it could last forever. I am very grateful to have wonderful family and friends that I get to spend quality time with.

I did not even have to stay in Kyanne’s room tonight. I changed her and she went straight in her bed and off she went.

Tomorrow will mark the 3 year anniversary that my dad passed away. If he would still be alive, he would have been at the camp with us today, but I know he was there is spirit and made this day the perfect day for us.














3 comments:

A said...

What a great day Sylvie!! I'm happy to see that you are taking so many pictures... they grow up SO fast and memories like this day will live on forever!!

P.S. Is that wine I see in a VOSS bottle in the last picture!? hehe

Sylvie and Victor said...

LOL! Actually I had juiced before we left so I brought some for the kids... Mommy ended up drinking it. :)

Nat_Bee said...

C'est trop beau de voir des photos, et c'est vraiement spécial que Kyanne et Théo peuvent passer du temps ensemble (et bien sur toi et Liette :) Ça donne envie d'aller au camp moi aussi! Even with all the packing ;)
Take care, and enjoy!