Monday, February 6, 2012

Bonding Time

Yes I can say it out loud with confidence that my baby girl mastered the “bonding with mommy” phase. This morning, we went on our playdate with Théo and Liette at My Gym. We were able to see a difference from last week. They seemed more at ease trying out new activities. It’s so cute to see their faces when they see each other. They will make their ways to touch each other and usually, Kyanne will lean forward and give Théo a kiss. So cute!!!
We had a nice lunch at Liette. On my way home, I was thinking of our coffee breaks at work before we had our little bundles of joy! At the end we were just staring at each other not saying a word. We were desperately waiting for Kyanne and Théo to come home. Now... we can’t even have a decent conversation without being interrupted. Liette said she was going to start marking down what she wants to talk about because every time we see each other, we forget what we wanted to tell each other LOL! Our lives have changed so much but we are so enjoying it! I would not trade it for a million dollars.
While Liette and I were trying to eat our lunch after we had fed them, Kyanne came to me and wanted to be in my arms. As soon as I put her in my arms, she made herself comfortable as if she wanted to sleep. That was really strange. She is usually not like that. She’s like her mama! She will keep on going until she hits rock bottom. I put her down to play and she wanted to be in my arms. We finished our playdate short so I could bring her home to go to bed. She fell asleep right away in the car. For the first time... I was able to take her out of the car and get her to continue her sleep in our bed. I was in the middle of my yoga downstairs and I hear her cry. I ran upstairs and she had her arms up ready for me to take her. I tried to lie down beside her like usual but this time she wanted mommy. Mommy decided to get all comfy and fulfil her need. She slept on my chest for a good hour holding me tight. I did not move. I watched her sleep and felt so happy that I could comfort her. I don’t think she was sick or anything. I think she just needed her mommy. For me, this was the best feeling ever.
 Kyanne did the cutest thing this evening. Her daddy was still working on my pantry, lying down with some kind of tool. Don’t ask me why he was on the floor but he was...Kyanne laid down beside him and leaned over to give him a great big kiss. It was so special. She had missed him so much all day and wanted to show him how much she loved him.
Doggy update: well they are not getting any thinner. Since Kyanne is home, they are getting lots of left over’s. Sam is getting a bit round now. I guess I’ll have to watch her and give her less food.  They seem to have accepted that Kyanne is not a visitor. She is here to stay! I think sometimes, Sam wishes she would disappear. She has a new game now. She runs around with her little play stroller and try to run over Sam. Poor Sam is getting old and she doesn’t like intense games like that. George on the other hand loves the game. She will run around in the kitchen and get run over by the stroller.




1 comment:

Denise said...

Such good news, Sylvie! I can see even in your photos that her smile is just reaching her eyes more - she looks more confident and very, very happy. What a great feeling for you - and her :) I'm sooo happy for you!