Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Blues…

Well I finally got my winter blues. I thought that I would skip a year because we just got Kyanne, but it hit me last week. I want to go down south!!! I always thought that we could not take Kyanne out of Canada before she becomes a Canadian Citizen but to my surprise, I called Citizenship and Immigration Canada and they said she can travel as soon as she gets her Permanent Residence Card!!! Youpiiiii. They said she can travel with the copy we received at the airport; however we would need to go to Canadian Embassy in the country we would be traveling to get authorization to bring her home. Too complicated for me. I called Citizenship and Immigration Canada 3 times to find out when she would get her card and all they can tell is that it’s not done.

My plan was that we were going to Disney, and then realized she was too young and there’s no beach. I really want to go out west to see my brother in Edmonton and my cousin in Victoria BC but the same. I think it’s too much for her right now. If we go there, I want to travel and see stuff. I think my itinerary would be too overwhelming for her and my husband LOL! I sort of got realistic the other day and realized that with a 20 month old child... I won’t be able to stay on top of my daily schedule and run everywhere.

Reality right now would be to go to Fort Lauderdale in Florida or Jamaica!!! Victor is still saying we are not going anywhere this year but I am saying we are... Hopefully I will win!

To get things more interesting, we went out for our Niece, Melanie Morgan. Our town was having a ceremony for her this afternoon to honour her in her achievements in her signing career. Kyanne was running in front of the stage dancing while she was signing with her band. Guess who was sitting in the front row? Hon. Dominic LeBlanc, Member of Parliament for Beauséjour! He was watching her run around and realized she was our daughter. He came to talk to me after the show to congratulate us. He remembered I had gone to see him after the earthquake to see if he could help us out in any way for our adoption. While we were doing small talk, I decided to pull a Sylvie LOL! I told him I wanted to travel this winter with her since I am on leave, but Citizenship and Immigration Canada seem to be slow to send her PRC. He asked when we were traveling and then said he had a number he could call to get things moving...

Well guess what I did when I got home? I sent him the information he needed. J We’ll see if he can do some magic and get her card so we can travel!!!

2 comments:

Proudmama said...

Hi there, CIC didn't give you ALL the information. Yes, she can travel on a PR card and her Haitian passport. However, there are some countries that may require an extra visa or something to enter their country because it's a Haitian passport. My son is from Ethiopia and travels with a PR card and his Ethiopian passport. I'm working on the assumption (perhaps incorrectly- so do check) but for Ethiopians, in order for him to go to the USA I had to take him to our local US embassy (after making an appointment 6 weeks in advance) and then go through a visitor visa application process which was stressful and cost us about $150 I think? We also had to wait for the visa to be issued, so do give yourself ample time to before traveling.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Hope your winter blues go away. :)

Courtney

Jolene said...

I think I'm plagued with some winter blues too... blah.

I would love to get away to the sun and sand!

I hope you guys manage to get away, and if not - here's hoping for an early summer!

(Coincidentally, the word verification for the comment is "sunnit" - I think it's a sign! ;)