Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nap time

Wednesday, we had our first official storm. We were home bound so no drive for nap time... what was mommy going to do??? Well it was hell! From 12:30 to 3 ish, I tried to get her to sleep and I failed. I failed miserably. I had NO patience left at all. Liette has a routine now and Théo is actually napping. Hurray for mommy!!! I wanted to do the same but I just can’t do it!!! It’s really frustrating. I usually get what I want but with my little Kyanne, She’s as stubborn as me.

Kyanne watching her favorite DVD... Cornemuse

 Yoga sessing about to begin!


I did it! Friday, I managed to get Kyanne to fall asleep in our bed for a nap without pulling my hair out! I was massaging her forehead and nose and she fell asleep in a few minutes. I was so proud of myself. I made sure there were enough pillows around her so she could not fall and tiptoed downstairs to relax. She slept for a good hour and a half. All of a sudden I heard little footsteps upstairs. I ran to the staircase and there she was at the gate with a big smile.   

 Outside playing after the storm.
 Kyanne was hungry when we got home from grocery shopping and decided to eat my baguette.


Saturday we spend the day at the camp. It was so nice walking in the trail with the beautiful snow in the trees. I think I over did it with the dogs, when we went to my mom for supper, Sam went straight to the couch and did not move. Poor girl is getting old. They had so much fun running in the powered snow.
 With daddy at the camp.
 Testing out my new helmet.
 Not really enjoying my sliding experience.
Today was a day to try out new things. We brough Kyanne at a hill nearby to slide. She did not like the idea at all. We tried a few runs but all she kept on saying was NO NO NO! We finally took the hint and brought her home. Her little cousins were having fun, but I guess Kyanne is just not ready. This evening, we went skating. I think she enjoyed it. She liked it when daddy and Chris were pushing her. Poor girl must be asking herself what are all these new activities they are making me do in this cold! Oh and let’s not forget that I was able to get her to nap this afternoon without going for a drive. Hurray for mommy! J



This weekend, Kyanne was waking up with the most beautiful smile lying down between us. She comes on my side to cuddle and gives me a kiss, touches my cheeks and then goes to see daddy, climbs on top of him and gives him a big hug. She is just too loveable! I can’t stop thinking about the first few weeks when she came home, all new to her and now she’s one of us!
For the second time now, Kyanne brought my slippers over to me in my bed. She can’t talk all that much but she sure gets her point across and gets what she wants. Mommy got up and we went to get her banana as soon as we walked in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Yay for you getting her to nap! Hopefully that becomes easier and easier from now on.