Monday, January 30, 2012

A bit of everything

 
Movie night last week. Can you see them all with the IPHONEs and IPAD? What is this world coming to. I guess it’s your normal family night these days. You watch a movie and check FB… What a life LOL! That’s what I like about going to the camp. I try to keep away from technology as much as I can. I will sometime upload a picture or 2 of Kyanne while I am there but other than that, I just want to be with nature!!!

 
My sweetie being herself!

 
Daddy found a little helper. It was so cute to watch her. She stood by his side and was carefully watching everything he was doing. When he was stepping out to go cut some pieces in the garage, she would take a few nails and try to assemble something.



 
Saturday, I escaped reality and went to the camp with Kyanne, Sam and George. Daddy was trying to do some work in the house and I wanted piece and quite. We packed up and left for a few hours. What a wonderful time we had. I find that at home, we are always distracted by someone or something. At the camp, there is just stillness!!! We went for a nice walk in the trail. What a workout I had with the stroller. We came back to a nice fire and relaxed. Kyanne was really cuddly. We bundled up in a blanket and slept for awhile. I felt a real connection with her today.

Oprah travel to Haiti with Sean Penn – I watched that last night and I cried and cried. I think this is the first time that I watch Haiti on TV since I got Kyanne home. I can’t explain my true feelings... I felt so sad seeing all those children still living in the tents and at the same time so gratefully that I had my baby girl home. I cannot imagine seeing my daughter living in these conditions, but yet at the same time, there are so many living in those conditions. Once I was done crying, I went to sit in Kyanne’s room for awhile and watched her sleep in her bed. I am blessed to have her. I know we all think that she is so lucky to have come to a loving family that will be able to provide for her, but it’s the opposite. She is the one that has brought so much in our lives. Haiti has changed my life in so many ways. I will be teaching Kyanne about her birth place and will travel with her when the time is right. We will always have a connection with Haiti. Starting next summer, we will be helping her siblings to go to school so they can have a better future. I find that it’s important to keep a connection with Kyanne’s birth family.  I know that one day; she will thank me to have kept a connection. She will know that she was loved dearly by her birth mom.





à
Play date with Théo and Liette today was fun. It was a bit early to get going but it was worth it. We went to My Gym for 10:15 am. I snuck out of bed before she woke up so I could get a few things done before she woke up. She finally woke up at 8 am and I think she woke up on the wrong side of the bed… she was not pleasant at all. I was afraid we would have to cancel our date. She did not even want to eat breakfast. After awhile, I stopped pressuring her on getting things done and then it was ok. I guess I have to start going with the flow… it’s really hard for me to relax! I always have to get ready for something.
Kyanne was a bit shy when we first got there. When Théo arrived, she started being herself. Kyanne and Théo had a hard time following the class. When we were in the red circle, Kyanne was crying and wanted to go play in the balls… J Oh well, it was there first time. We signed up for a month so we’ll see them get better at following the rest of the class hahah!

After our playdate, Kyanne had an appointment to get her ears pierced. She did extreamly well! She did not move at all. She cried for a few seconds after it was all done but it did not last. When we got home, I looked at her and the left side was not centered at all. I was not impressed! I called the jewlery store and they told me to remove the earring right away and to come back Thursday. So much to get both ears done at the same time…

This evening, we were looking at her one earring in the mirror and she was touching my earrings. She was all happy and seemed to like her 1 earring LOL! She touched her other hear and made an outch sound with her mouth. I laughed so hard!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Sylvie, she just looks so happy! It really looks like she just knows where home is and who her family is - like she's always been there:) How wonderful that you can support her siblings so they can go to school! That is a blessing of adoption - we don't just adopt the child, but their country as well.

bcbevans said...

Hey Sylvie

Mathias went to My Gym for 4 months and LOVED it. After a while he could hang from the monkey bars and drop into the ball pit.... very fun to watch them get stronger and stronger.

Crystal