Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blood work / Movie night!

Tonight is movie night with my girls… except Kyanne. She just went to bed. Nicole, Renée, Amanda and I are going to sit down, eat popcorn and watch a movie. Family time!!! I don’t think daddy will stay awake for the movie. He usually falls asleep the first 15 minutes.

Every day, I keep telling myself, how lucky I am to have found such a great community of adoptive moms all over Canada, US... The tips and tricks they suggested have helped me a great deal. I could of not done it without them.  Bringing Kyanne in our bed was the best decision we’ve made. I know she does not sleep the whole night but at least she now wakes up with us. When she’s with her sisters and I disappear in another room, I hear ‘Mama!!!’ My heart just melts when I hear her say that. She is looking for me. J When she finds me, she gives me the greatest smile a mother could possibly receive.

So today was blood work for Kyanne. We went to the hospital. I thought I was going to run out the door with her and say screw the test! She was screaming so loud. Poor girl was terrified. She was screaming before the needle so it was not pain, she was scared. As soon as they were done, we got out of the chair and she stopped crying right away. She hugged me and did not let go. No more pain for a long time now. We are going to keep away from the doctors and hospitals. I am stocked up with herbal medicine in case she gets sick this winter.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm SO, SO happy to hear that she is now comfortable and bonded with you! It's the best feeling in the world, isn't it?

Jolene said...

So glad that cosleeping is working for you, and you are all settling in. I'm sure the first "Mama" made it all worth it! ;)