Monday, January 9, 2012

Just the 2 of us

Last night was a good night. Kyanne did not wake up screaming. She just cried frequently early in the morning before she woke up. She was still asleep so I did not have to pick her up. We woke up at 7:30 to get ready for swimming with all the adoptive families.

Kyanne enjoyed the water. Victor and I both went in the water with her. She loved being in the floater and playing with the balls. It was our first time there and it certainly won’t be our last. Liette and I both said we would take them once in a while. I went in the slide with her and she loved it. When we got to the bottom, the water splashed in her face. She was all excited. Before the hour had passed, we noticed that her bottom lip was trembling. Poor girl was cold. We got her out of the water and dried her. We stayed on the side with just our feet in the water so she could continue to play with her friends. After the pool, we all had a room with to eat pizza. This little girl just doesn’t stop. She could not stay still for a second to eat. I was watching Liette with Théo sitting on the floor. Théo stayed by her side all calm. All I did was run around after her LOL!

When we were coming home, Kyanne fell asleep right away. We stopped for coffee and Victor accidently shut the door and made a noise when he went in to get the coffees and it woke her up. She saw him walk away from the car and started crying. Let just say we did not have a fun ride home. She cried till we almost got home. We tried everything... even the magic word... “George” and still nothing. I guess she was just too tired.
I read a blog last night of a family adoption from GLA as well. She basically said that the agency they are dealing with closed their door. I had a flash back of what happen to us with Imagine Adoption 2 years ago. I am praying God to help them bring their son home. I believe that things are going to fall into the right place and they will have their son home soon. I don’t understand why things like this happen to good families. It’s hard to accept all of these challenges, but we have to continue to be positive and keep the faith!

Last night was very good. I was able to sleep part of the night. She only started to cry after 4am. I got up a few times to make my presence and go back to bed. At 7 am, I picked her up and she came in bed with me for a good half hour. We then got up and did our routine... stretches, drink our water, mine with squeezed lemon juice and dance to a few songs before breakfast. This morning I made the effort to not try and rush anything. We hung around the living room and did whatever she wanted.
Before lunch, we made a trip to the optometrist to get my glasses fixed. She broke one of the arms a few weeks ago. On our way back, she had a nap in the car. All afternoon, we stayed home and had fun just the 2 of us. It’s so amazing how much I love being with her. I just don’t get tired of her.  We even washed the dogs today. She helped to wash Sam. She wasn’t too sure why I had them in the shower. She looked at me with a weird face at first but she eventually came in and helped.

We tried the napping in my bed this afternoon and almost got it. She did rest for a bit but not enough to fall asleep. She stayed in my arms as well almost all afternoon. It’s so weird. As soon as daddy gets home, she will make her fake cry and lay on the floor so we can pick her up. She won’t do it when we are the 2 of us but as soon as someone else from the family arrives she needs to be in our arms.

So happy... this evening, she was sitting on me while I was sitting down on a chair and she came to cuddle. I just enjoyed the 2 minutes while it lasted.
I just finished watching Dolphin Tale. I needed to relax and do nothing. It was a really good movie. I cried at the end. Now I am ready for bed. Good night all! I’ll post pictures tomorrow. I’m too tired tonight.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Sounds like a nice day. I cried at the end of the Dolpin Tale too! So good!