Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daddy's Birthday / Playdate


Daddy had a nice Birthday supper with the whole family. Mommy was a bit tired as you can see in the picture. I was not myself at all but I guess I put on an act and went along with it. :)

For some reason I have a hard time taking in comments or suggestions when it comes to food and sleep/nap time with my adorable Kyanne frmo non adoptive parents. Mama bears comes out and she's a vicious bear. She is sweet and always wants to please everyone but sometimes the claws could be used. I don't know if it's when it's my time of the month or I just feel crappy, but I got a get a grip!

 Now let the nice come out... I have the most wonderful family ever. I look at our picture and I am truly blessed to have such amazing people in my life.


 Anabelle and Brittany came to play with Kyanne.

Our fun playdate of the week with Liette and Théo. We went for a stroll on the walking trail behind our work in town. By the time we got there, the wind had picked up and it was a bit chilly.
 We then went to coffee shop for a nice warm cup of coffee and some banana bread. I think Théo really likes it!
Kyanne and Théo chilling after a nice walk. It's so much fun that they are getting along.
Oh oh!!!! I think Kyanne is pretty much at ease with her little friend Théo... and Théo seems to be taking good care of his little friend LOL!

The past few days, Kyanne sleeping patterns have been really good. She even did a full night last night. I was so happy. She woke up at 8:30. Mommy was so rested today. Amazing how our mood can change when we are fully charged!
Kyanne is learning so much. She really understands when I am talking to her. When I say it’s time to brush our teeth, she runs to the bathroom and knows to take out her toothbrush. Even at my moms the other day, I said “Is it time to leave now and go see daddy?” She nodded her head yes, went in the kitchen to grab her bag and she walked to the door. I could not believe it. We just all looked at each other and did not know what to say. It might be normal for a 19 month old child to know these things, but she’s my first and I just find it amazing that she’s only been home with us for 2 months and she already knows the routine.
I went to change Kyanne before we left today for our playdate and when we were done, she walked in my bedroom, walked over to the bed and put her hand on our pillow and smiled. I honestly think she would of probably had a nap. It was killing me that we were leaving. I would of loved it to try and see if she would of actually slept. Oh well, we’ll see tomorrow as we’re probably going to have a stay home day. Daddy said he was going to work on some renovations... so maybe we’ll leave. Daddy decided to bust 2 holes in the living room to fix a light in the bathroom. I honestly thought the holes were going to stay there for a few years but to my surprise he said he was going to work on it tomorrow. Let’s just see how long it will be before the patches gets painted LOL! He said he was going to build my pantry as well this winter. We’ll see... J
Having daddy home in the morning with us is helping so much with the bonding. For example, if we meet him somewhere on the road and he stops to say hi for a few minutes, she used to cry after he leaves. Now, she will wave bye and give him a kiss. I guess she knows she will see him again.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I know what you mean about momma bear coming out - and trust me, there will be more times when she comes out! I'm sure lack of sleep doesn't help...