Thursday, January 19, 2012

Playdate

Play date with Liette and Théo... it was an awesome day. I was looking forward for this all week!!!

Kyanne slept in her bed till 8:15. She had an awesome night. She woke up for the first time around 2am. After that, if i remember correctly, she only woke up once or twice. I did not even consider bringing her in our bed. It was only a few little cries. I don’t even think she opened her eyes once. She woke up with a beautiful smile on her face.

Breakfast... she wanted to watch Cornemuse before breakfast so I put on the dvd while I was preparing her plate. When she came to eat, I did not think to pause the dvd and she kept on matching while she was eating. When I came back to sit down with my cup of coffee, she had yogurt all over herself and the spoon was not even remotely close to her mouth. I guess she can’t multi task yet. I turned off the tv and we had breakfast. This is not something I want to start... watch tv while she eats. I just didn’t have my coffee yet and did not think about it. There are lots of things I forget these days. For example, this evening, I hit the top of my foot and it hurts. My husband asked me where I hit it and I could not even remember. It was not even an hour before and I could not answer the question. No I did not have a glass of wine either LOL! I guess too much stuff running around in my brain.

I had a Dr. Appointment this pm before our play date. Renée met us at the mall so she could stay with Kyanne while I was at my appointment. I had to get her some pyjamas. She already grew out of the ones I have. I know sometimes I babble on and on about how I feel insecure that Kyanne is not fully attached to me... well at my appointment, I waved her good bye and told her I will only be a few minutes and kissed her on the cheek.  She watched me go in the door and we waved bye again. As I was talking with the nurse practitioner, the door opened and there was my little angle. She came to see mommy. She saw me and had a big smile on her face. It was so funny. Renée did not think the door was not shut properly and she was able to push it open. I just wanted to cry and hold her in my arms. My little girl was looking for her mommy. Xoxo

Playdate: It was so nice to see the reaction on their faces. They are so cute together. We went at Chapters. They have a nice area for the kids to play. Liette and I were sitting on the little chairs, sipping on our Starbucks Coffee chatting away. It’s so much fun to talk with her. I don’t need to explain to her or repeat myself saying... Adoption is different; you can’t just assume this and that. We understand each other. Even when we talk about our frustrating moments, we are able to laugh! It’s a good therapy. We ended up having supper at McGuiness Landing in the same establishment as Chapters. Thank god it was not busy. As much as I don’t want Kyanne to grow old now,  I want to enjoy her at this age... it will be nice to be able to bring her to a restaurant and not have to run in each corner and wave hello to everyone sitting and eating. This is where I see the difference between Kyanne and Théo. Théo stayed in his chair while Liette was feeding him. Kyanne and I on the other hand, well, she did not touch her meal except a few french fries that I was not approving to begin with and a few bites of garlic bread. Half way through our meal, I had to get her out of her high chair so she could run around. I tried to get her to sit on me and she would not stay. After a while, Liette managed to sit her down and she ate the rest of her seafood chowder. I guess I won’t be ordering kids meal anymore. I will get her the fancy stuff and she might do better LOL!

Oh and for the first time ever!!! I forgot my camera at home. I can’t believe it . I’ll post pics of our playdate when Liette post them.

1 comment:

Denise said...

SO good to read that you are feeling so much more settled and confident in her attachment :) And having a good night's sleep doesn't hurt either! yay!!